Crack at battery access opening

Hello all my fellow Sprint owners!! So yesterday I was running a new power line for my HDS9 touch.. I get back to the back of my 1999 207DC and open the battery access panel.. I noticed a crack on the rear drivers side of the opening! I notice the left, passenger side, had a few spider cracks.. The crack on the right, driver side, is all the way through!! I did just install a new 225 ProXS and was concerned the extra weight over my old engine caused the crack.. I then realized the boat is rated for HP not engine weight.. and I soon realized that the 3 liter engine was available when the boat was new.. I am just wondering if any other Sprint owner has noticed crack back at the battery well opening!!

Wes Billings
    FTC/SS USN Retired

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Are the knee braces in the bilge and transom solid?

3. Member
    The knee braces are good to go.. Here is the crack??

Attached Images Attached Images

Wes Billings
    FTC/SS USN Retired

4. Member
    That's some serous twisting to do that.

I put my 1999 207 threw hell on the great lakes and didn't accomplice that.

I would take rub rail off and remove the screws. It's likely that you have many broken.

This is common guys tighten screws on all makes and never remove for inspection.
    Last edited by oldroe; 10-18-2017 at 10:46 AM.

5. Member
    Why would I look under the rub rail.. This crack is at the rear of the battery access opening next to the engine.. i have already checked the knee braces and they are good no cracks.. I have since also added some 90 degree brackets on both corners for reiforcing.

Wes Billings
    FTC/SS USN Retired

6. Member
    Broken screws behind the rub rail means that whole cap "top of boat" is louse allowing the cap to twist.

Just remove the cap where the rub or goes in and remove the screws you will surprised how many are broke in 2.

Remember owned the exact boat.
    Last edited by oldroe; 10-24-2017 at 05:29 AM.