Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar

2017 UPPER BAY JAM

This year's dates are: Nov 10th. 11th, & 12th. This is a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday event.

Location is once again at Uncle Jessie's in Conowingo, MD.

All are welcome and the agenda will be pretty much the same as every year. We will start on the Northeast river on Friday morning and fish and hang on the river for the day.
    EVERY evening will be great food and a bonfire as always.

We will be launching from Northeast river (anchor on both Saturday and Sunday also. Saturday's plan will be discussed at the friday night Bonfire and dinner. And on Sunday we plan to be back on the water for the day fishing, boating and fishing before wrapping up at uncle jessie's with an afternoon cookout.

You can bring an RV, Motorhome, or Tent to stay the night as always. There will be a porta potti brought in for the weekend as well.
    Just let us know if you are coming and we will send you directions....See you there!

River Rat MD
    Last edited by RiverRatMD; 10-03-2017 at 09:05 AM. Reason: adding
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Hope to have some new faces at the Jam this year. How about finding your way over to Uncle Jessies place for some good ol fashion shit shootin. Hopefully Brandon P and Jerry S can make it, would be good to have you guys take part in this. Both of you have spoken to me about it so come on out and have some fun.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    Chester co open is on 11 th also

Troy, John,
    You guys taking orders for steak night or are we winging it?
    Whats the plans for Friday dinner, I thought I could bring a fryer and we could fry wings, fish or something. What you think? How many guys have acknowledged they are coming?

Was thinking of joining you guys this year with my son and was looking for more info. I️ sent an IM to RR last week but no response yet. What time you guys hook up Friday morning and any other info would be of help?
    ALLISON XB2003 - 225 PRO MAX

They start around 0900 or so at Anchor every morning. RR is not on here much and I need to call him about the Jam cause he's not posted anything. After fishing everyone heads over to Uncle Jessie's house for food and general BS around the fire. Not sure how old your son is but I wouldn't bring a son to the camp fire unless he was like 18 or so. The stories and words used are not appropriate for the young. You know, just a bunch of good ol boys shooting the sheet. We have a good time though and I hope all the regulars as well as newbies can make it out this year.
    They usually have a short poker run as well and I would say with your boat you will be able to run with the best of them. My boat is staying home this time as I have trailer issues I need to get fixed. All I would see is rooster tails anyway getting smaller and smaller. I'll probably catch a ride on Saturday with one of them.
    Hope to see you there Allimax.

I appreciate the warning but figured on that. He’s a DC Firefighter and Vet so we’re good. You guys go across 95 or 40 and do you know what fee they charge for a tandem trailer in tow nowadays? Also, how do you work the food, donations, etc.

I think it's 23 bucks to cross either bridge. When leaving from Uncles J's house they cross the dam and drop down around Port Deposit avoiding the tolls. They generally have a set fee but I don't know what it will be this year. The food is being taken care of differently. There is also a porta potty they provide for the weekend. You can set up camp at J's house where this is held or make the drive home, your choice. Tents and Campers are welcome.

I think your son can handle what we got,

IM sent tdt91. Need directions, well just the address would do.

sent

12. Member
    I hope you guys had one hell of a fire going!

Most of the time yes but if not warming our asses with fireworks worked just fine.

14. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    had a great time.....Saturday night was pretty crazy....someone's ass was plenty warm in the fireworks...
    TDT - man always a great time !!! No, i haven't been on as much but hopefully that'll be changing.....EVERYBODY...Please stay tuned in for next years UPPER BAY JAM 2018.....WE intend to get a bunch of guys in for the 2018 Jam....We will start planning Early and get some things accomplished (should have more time to plan!)
    Let's make the 2018 Upper Bay Jam a serious Party on the water and at Uncle Jessies house!
    RRmD
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50