carpet trim molding

I am replacing carpet in my boat and I like the look of the black carpet trim molding. I think it would look unfinished without it. my question is..... is the carpet trim molding sold by bassboatseats.com any good? i am worried about the 3m adhesive that it uses. nothing against 3m product,they make some amazing stuff, but I fish a lot in the florida sun and I am worried that it will not last. I really would really prefer the stuff that is held in place with screws but I don't know where to find it. any advice?

2. Member
    You can get a sample from bass boat seats. I ended up buying from with http://boatcarpetrim.com/ found it easier to work with on corners. The hotter it is the more flexible it is. It also has a different profile (D shaped) and gloss finish. I found the 3m sticks very well BUT need to have a clean surface. I still used screws on the corners just to be safe. bought stainless screws #4 - 1" long and painted them black. oh and another note. if you buy 40 feet they come in two 20 foot rolls. the end caps are a nice touch to.

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick O View Post
    if you buy 40 feet they come in two 20 foot rolls. the end caps are a nice touch to.
    Good info to know! Thanks..

4. Member
    As mentioned, the hot sun softens and expands the trim. It's the extreme cold that will cause it to contract and stiffen. But either way, the 3M backed trim should not pull off if properly prepped and properly installed.
    2003 Ranger 205 VX
    2007 Mercury Optimax