Legend hull warranty?

I have a 2014 alpha 199 and noticed today I have a 8-12” crack on the drivers side on the bottom of the boat. I contacted legend and they said most times gel cracks are not covered but all cases are treated differently? I’m kinda nervous about what the outcome might be so wanted to ask if anyone has ever had an issue like this. IMG_4426.HEIC

2. Banned
    Your attached pic didnt show up. If in your position I'd be nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs...

3. Member
    I had cracks in my v20 and they fixed them. A few have returned, nothing mayor, just top coat cracks. Every bassboat i have owned has cracked sooner or later. That is a fairly common spot for a boat to crack. That's the flex point when it lands after a big wave. Hopefully they will take care of you. They have treated me good.

I’m not sure how to load pictures on here, if anyone can assist I would love to post them. I have owned many a boats and never seen one crack on underneath side like this.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckthumper View Post
    I had cracks in my v20 and they fixed them. A few have returned, nothing mayor, just top coat cracks. Every bassboat i have owned has cracked sooner or later. That is a fairly common spot for a boat to crack. That's the flex point when it lands after a big wave. Hopefully they will take care of you. They have treated me good.
    I hear alot of people say this but it is really only a new development in the last 8-9 years across all brands (skeeters had the problem going way back) since they changed the chemical makeup of gelcoat due to environmental regulations, you won't find a old ranger V model from the early 90's or any of the champions or early cobra/hawk/legends with stress or spider cracks, the gel was just made better back then.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by justin seaton View Post
    I’m not sure how to load pictures on here, if anyone can assist I would love to post them. I have owned many a boats and never seen one crack on underneath side like this.
    Click on my username and send me an email with a link to the pic and I can post it.

Well little update I called back I believe Wednesday of last week and the guy I spoke with said he had never seen a crack in that location going that direction and that it would be a major fix. Could not give me an answer as to what was going to go on but did say he would be getting with the higher ups on Friday and let me know. As of now I haven’t heard anything but plan to call tomorrow.

waco I tried to send an email but didn’t work. If you can Im me your number I’ll text it.

8. Member
    While there may be some truth to the older gelcoat being stronger, I can tell you from experience that the older boats were far from crack proof. I had the following boats: 1990 Ranger 481, 1998 Ranger R91, 2002 Ranger 518, 2008 Ranger Z520, 2011 Ranger Z 520. All of the boats had gel cracks. The worse being the 1990 481 and the 2002 518.... these were also structural.

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    I hear alot of people say this but it is really only a new development in the last 8-9 years across all brands (skeeters had the problem going way back) since they changed the chemical makeup of gelcoat due to environmental regulations, you won't find a old ranger V model from the early 90's or any of the champions or early cobra/hawk/legends with stress or spider cracks, the gel was just made better back then.
    This is totally untrue...we have fixed many early 90s champions and 2000 era cobra and rangers 3 series with so many stress cracks you lost count.They have been around since fiberglass was invented and will be for ever.O ya 1960s corvettes thru early 90 corvettes were a cracker also.

Well talked with them today and after looking at pictures they are going to cover the crack, so excited they stood behind their product even though it wasn’t a huge deal it was to me. I’ll drop boat off when they have an opening in a few months then 2-3 weeks turn around time.

Good job legend