Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    You will never catch me double towing anything. RV frames are just not that strong, and my 56 foot current rig length is long enough for me.
    My RV frames have handled my Z9 great for the past 9 years.

2. Member
    Double pulling is not allowed in all states plus the overall length can be an issue. Check the DOT standards.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

3. Member
    You will love the Grand Design. We have a Momentum 38' toyhauler. Hands down the best camper we have ever owned. In 3 years the only time I've ever had it back to the dealer was when some idiot (Me) tried to pull it out of the shop not realizing the rear steps were down. Ripped them thing rights off! I pull it with a Ram 3500 dually but it a heavy camper, #18,500 GVW.

Enjoy!

Matt
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

4. Member
    You have an awesome camper. I looked at those but Diane said they were too big for what we wanted. I didn't think one could get a too big of a camper. Dually for sure with that heavy of a camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by proptwister View Post
    You will love the Grand Design. We have a Momentum 38' toyhauler. Hands down the best camper we have ever owned. In 3 years the only time I've ever had it back to the dealer was when some idiot (Me) tried to pull it out of the shop not realizing the rear steps were down. Ripped them thing rights off! I pull it with a Ram 3500 dually but it a heavy camper, #18,500 GVW.You have a really nice camper.

Matt

I look at the truck size question like this. I have 2003 521vx that would still fish and get me around the lake with a 150-175hp engine. But I opt for one just like almost everyone else does, with all the horse power I can put on it. Do I need all 250HP all the time. No way, but I have it when I need it. A 3/4 will pull it fine and a single rear wheel is easier to park and get around in and will ride better than a 1 ton. But I want all the truck I can get within reason because when the chit hits the fan the bigger, heavier more sturdy truck is what I want. I've had a couple of things happen pulling the Redwood that with any lesser truck I might not be writing this response. I pull the Ranger behind the 5th wheel all the time without a single problem. You just have to keep in mind there's no backing up. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

[QUOTE=rctreece;8798527]I have a grand design reflection 337. I weigh in at 13500 loaded and was towing with a 2016 2500 duramax. Went through the mountains with no problem. I loved that Truck but I was over my pin weight and did not want to chance anything so I bought a 2017 f350 dually. Price is crazy but I never want to buy another truck and this thing can pull just about and fifth wheel. Look at the cargo capacity on any truck you look at. Subtract your pin weight, cargo both in the truck and on your pin, driver and passenger weight, and fuel weight. As long as you are still in the positive ( I would leave 10% difference) you should be good. You can go
    even farther and look at axle weights but that cargo is the big one and each truck will be different due to options. More loaded the less you can pull[/QUOTE

How do you like the Ford compared to the Chevy? I hear the new Fords are power houses. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    I look at the truck size question like this. I have 2003 521vx that would still fish and get me around the lake with a 150-175hp engine. But I opt for one just like almost everyone else does, with all the horse power I can put on it. Do I need all 250HP all the time. No way, but I have it when I need it. A 3/4 will pull it fine and a single rear wheel is easier to park and get around in and will ride better than a 1 ton. But I want all the truck I can get within reason because when the chit hits the fan the bigger, heavier more sturdy truck is what I want. I've had a couple of things happen pulling the Redwood that with any lesser truck I might not be writing this response. I pull the Ranger behind the 5th wheel all the time without a single problem. You just have to keep in mind there's no backing up. Larry
    I don't have any trouble pulling my boat behind my fifth wheel with my SRW truck and I also back mine up when needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12