Question Bravo xs vs Trophy pitch

How does the Trophy compare to the Bravo xs pitch wise? Running a Bravo Xs 26 at 6000 to 6200 73 mph. Wanting to try a Trophy didn't know if I should go up on pitch or stay with a 26.

2. Member
    Try a 25 trophy plus but don't run it as high as the bravo.

3. Member
    I want to run higher on my jack plate the bravo starts to lose speed when I go up still have plenty of water pressure.

4. Member
    What setup are you running? Boat/motor

5. Member
    It's a 22 flats boat with a 250 ProXs just seems hard to keep the bow lifted. It's real hard to find the spot where it runs the best. I had a trophy on my old gambler it seemed to have more bow lift than the bravo.

6. Banned
    Would a 5 blade do any good for him?

7. Member
    Bravo's got more bow lift than a trophy. Trophy's throw blades when you run them too high and you can't run them as high as a Bravo.

8. Member
    Another thing to think about is the 26 being an even pitch doesn't have much cup.. Had to send mine to Mark and have him add some additional cup so that it would carry the bow with the elevated engine height..

9. Member
    I have 24.5 bravo also for when I'm loaded it actually is any better than the 26. I guess I was lucky on my Trophy that I had before ran it for years and never lost a blade. It was faster than the Bravo that Mark did for me on my Gambler but it was hard to drive on top end.
    Last edited by 99intimidator; 10-04-2017 at 07:30 PM.

10. Member
    My boat is not the same - Triton TR 196 - but I have tried a Trophy, Bravo 1, and a Rev 4. The Rev 4 gives a good hole shot, good lift at low and midrange speeds, and good bow lift at high speeds but I am running 2 1/2" below pad, not surfacing. Might be worth a try if you can borrow one. On my boat, a 23" Rev 4 turns comparable RPMs to a 25" Tempest. The Bravo 1 is a very close second.

11. Member
    If your losing speed when you raise the bravo xs 26 your too high prop to pad and if you try running a trophy that high it will look like a tempest after about fifteen minutes of running. Bravo is a 15" diameter prop and the trophy is a 13 3/4" diameter and won't run as high. The 26" bravo xs is a regular 26" bravo where the 25" is a 24" pitched up with more cupping.

12. Member
    I have prop coming that is a bow lifter and made to run at high engine height I'll see what it does.

13. Member
    Why are you wanting to run the plate up so bad?

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb357 View Post

I would guess so that he doesn’t stick the motor in the mud while running the shallows.

Edit: well, guess I was wrong. Who buys a flats boat for speed...
    Last edited by grout-scout; 10-07-2017 at 10:04 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb357 View Post
    I think there is a few more mph in the boat still have 20 psi of water pressure when the bravo starts losing speed. They say that a pro max prop will give you the best top speed on these boats. But the holeshot is terrible that why I wanted to try a trophy.

16. Member
    The pro max can run higher than the trophy but it's harder to turn too. It's got more lift than a trophy but the hole shot sucks without some work.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I would guess so that he doesn’t stick the motor in the mud while running the shallows.

Edit: well, guess I was wrong. Who buys a flats boat for speed...
    Alot bay boats are made for speed SCB, Lake N Bay, Majek xtreme and there are alot more. I've seen a bunch with the 400r Mercury.

18. Member
    Tested the new prop today it does everthing better than the xs except the holeshot. The holeshot isnt too bad but just not as good as the xs. Thanks to everbody on here that steered me a way from the trophy. Found people talking about this prop on Scream and Fly forum they said the Solas Scorpion had top speed close to the old chopper and low slip numbers. I know people are going to say they are junk and it wont last.The Bravo"s dont last long in the in the saltwater. Found mine on Ebay for a little over 300 I went with a 24 they run stiff .