Dream Trip this Week

Sometimes, it pays to know the right people or at least be friends with people who know the right people.

October 3rd....Fox Chapel in Pittsburgh
    October 4th and 5th.....Baltusrol.

I have no idea who knows who that got us on Baltusrol, but I dang sure am going to enjoy it.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Nice. 2 days at Baltusrol. One day to golf the other to look for all the balls you lost.

Have fun and let us know how you do.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

3. Member
    Hit em straight.

Well?

I will get some pictures up this week...Baltusrol was an amazing experience. I had never walked a course before or had a caddie for that matter. Walking a course is an entirely different experience. My caddie knew the course and greens very well. First day we played the lower course and we had Alex Beach in our group. He won the PGA championship for the state of New Jersey and qualified for and played in the 2017 PGA championship. Needless to say he was very good. I shot a 103 on the lower course. I was getting to the greens OK, but my goodness, the green speeds and undulation were difficult to say the least. I three putted so many times I lost count. My caddies name was Bill and he was awesome. After three holes he knew my distances and would just hand me a club and tell me where to aim. My wedge game is strong and after three holes Alex was calling me the wedge master...kind of made me feel good about that part of my game.

Also had lunch with Mr. Bob Ross. He was awesome and had a lot of stories about Arnold and Trevino. He basically is the Mayor of Baltusrol.

Day two was on the upper course. I spent some significant time on the practice green and felt good about controlling the speed of my putt.
    The first six holes on the upper course are carved into a hill side. My caddie had me aiming 25 to 30 feet right of the flag on approach shots. The ball would land and just slowly trickle down to the hole. Upper course was incredible and I liked it more than the lower course. My putter was helping and shot an 86, which I was extremely happy with. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am blessed to have had the opportunity.

Obviously the members are highly affluent..the conversations you overhear are different than normal and I will give the following example. This was a conversation between a retired admiral and an employee:

Employee: Hello admiral, how are you?
    Admiral: I am doing fine, got to get back to DC tonight for a dinner party.
    Employee: That sounds nice, you golfing tomorrow?
    Admiral: Yes, I am playing in a tournament with Chevy Chase.

No hats inside the building, cell phone use strictly prohibited except in the room designated for cell phone use. Multiple dining facilities inside the clubhouse. All but one required a jacket and tie. Locker rooms were unbelievable. The service was amazing and you wanted for nothing.

Oh, and I never lost a ball.
    Last edited by 200xp; 10-08-2017 at 08:46 PM.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Sounds like it was a great experience.
    Good job on not loosing a ball!