Thread: Rep for vets?

Rep for vets?

Anyone heard of them. I'm wanting to appeal my disability rating and not sure the best way to do this. How do they get paid?

2. Member
    The one I've used in the past works for the county and are housed where all the other city, state, and county employees are.

3. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I used my county rep too. Check first with your county/local govt. The DAV, VVA, VFW American Legion all have people there to help you. Good luck with it and don't give up. There is another step before you appeal, Your rep will know. It's a request for a review of the claim by the next higher up. It worked for me.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Talk to your AmVets rep. Mine got it done from 10-90% !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    Normally you can get someone to represent you from your state veteran organization. It should not cost you anything.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Normally you can get someone to represent you from your state veteran organization. It should not cost you anything.
    x10

7. Member
    Thanks to all that answered. Talked to my local va rep yesterday and he and he actually got a little red with me because I just ask him about the appeal process telling that you can't change the test and why waste the va time. i did get 10 percent and a rating 0 so maybe I will just wait for another year. I guess I'll wait another year because it's only been 43 years before I ask for help. Sorry for the rant

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERNYANKEE View Post
    Thanks to all that answered. Talked to my local va rep yesterday and he and he actually got a little red with me because I just ask him about the appeal process telling that you can't change the test and why waste the va time. i did get 10 percent and a rating 0 so maybe I will just wait for another year. I guess I'll wait another year because it's only been 43 years before I ask for help. Sorry for the rant
    get help ! it took me 17 years ! iwont go into details but as IKE says NEVER GIVE UP !!! reddog

Do not use that Rep again! If you can read your file and the test results then you can take those notes and bump them against the CRF Title 38 sub part B. This will give you an idea as to what the Decision panel is looking at. Also theppea process takes forever so it may be more benifical to re-apply for the claim. Just make sure you reiew the CRF as that is what the VA uses to grade your disability.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Member
    Southernyankee you might try going thru VFW they have people who know how to get things done. I am in Alabama & I tried to go thru the state guy here its a big joke. They are only good to make copies pass out pamplets . VFW did a great job with my case. Its standard procedure to be turned down the first time around but appeal it and don't give up. The sad thing is the people who make most of the decisions have never been in combat. They don't have a clue! Good luck brother & welcome home!