How should I set up my Garmins on my boat?

I'm rigging a new Crestliner Storm 1600 and I'm having a dilemma: I have two Garmin Echomap 73SV units, one is CHIRP and one isn't. I've had the non-chirp unit for two years and it's loaded with waypoint. The CHIRP unit is brand new.

heres my question: which unit should I put at the console, and which at the bow? Which transducer should be at the transom, and which on the TM?

im thinking CHIRP at console and it's transducer at transom, and put the non-chirp at the bow and use its transducer on the TM for Maps/sonar.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. Member
    I'd have to have the CHIRP on the bow for Panoptix. The transducers would follow the units. CHIRP for CHIRP, non-CHIRP for non-CHIRP. I make my own TM mounts. Saw off part of the TM fin, drill two holes and custom cut some HDPE that bolts on for whatever transducers I'm using.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I fish from the front of my boat..it's my office on the water so to speak. I want my latest and greatest stuff on the bow. The Echo maps share way points, so once your old one is connected to the new one the way points transfer. Once you have Panoptics your world will change.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,