Minn Kota power guide long shaft

My buddy gave me a 2002 Minn Kota power guide with a long shaft. It's in good shape and it works. I was trying to find the model number but I couldn't find it. I did find the serial number. MKCA2372128. Can you give me any additional information or intel on this trolling motor? Anything I should look out for on this particular model anything I should maintain before I use it?

MKAC2372128, my mistake
    Last edited by leckbass; 10-02-2017 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Mixed up the letters on the serial number

2. Member
    According to the serial number that is a 2000 year model.

3. Member
    MKAC, my mistake

4. Member
    It is a 2000. It is a Minn Kota Power Drive 2000 Model. what # trust? shaft will be a 50" or 60" Measure from to of Motor where shaft screws in motor to half of the head. Look on Minn Kota web site and they have the info on it there.
    Last edited by Bradrodfish; 10-02-2017 at 05:43 AM.

5. Member
    It's a 2002, it's a 50 inch shaft. 12 volt 50 lb thrust.

6. Member
    It's a 2002, it's a 50 inch shaft. 12 volt 50 lb thrust.

7. Member
    Anyone have any info?

8. Member
    Good motors . The steering is loud but that's just the way it is. The foot pedal also sucks. When I had mine I'm pretty sure (bad memory) I had a copilot on it. I've had 3 of the power drive motor. 2009 pd v2 w/I pilot is what I'm running now, and the pedal still sucks lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    Anyone have any info?
    You never said what kind of info you are looking for. So what info do you need. There is no owners manual for this unit on line. Only a parts break down.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    You never said what kind of info you are looking for. So what info do you need. There is no owners manual for this unit on line. Only a parts break down.
    I'm looking to see if there's any info on common problems with this trolling motor? Something that should be maintained consistently with this motor? Anything I should look out for to make sure it's not wearing out?

I have seen that people are having some problems with the foot pedal, is there anything that needs to be maintained on the foot pedal?

11. Member
    Well I get one in the shop every now and then. Board or foot pedal or water in motor. Foot pedal is a problem for sum. I have a couple still in the shop. It has the flat black plug. I also have a couple of boards on hand. Only thing I can comment on is make sure that every time you store the unit, make sure that it locks in position. You will here a click when it locks. If it is not locked and you running down the lake in choppy water it could deploy and be knocked off the boat.

12. Member
    Anybody have a PDF of the manual 4 this model?