Step Box Question

I just sold my Ranger and am looking to finally get into a cat sometime before spring. I would definitely prefer the step box over the center seat, but always thought the current step box seemed like a bit of an afterthought. I have seen a few BassCats with a more sleek looking, matching fiberglass step box. Was this a special option at one point? Is there anyway to get this style step in a new cat? I attached a picture of one with the fiberglass box, looks to maybe be a '13 and up model but have also seen one on a 2010 model.

Attached Images Attached Images

That cushion storage box (throw cushion) was made to fit eastern markets where it was required to be accessible always. They do still offer that box.

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I had that box on my '09 CougarFTD. It was much more sleek looking. Not any cup holders in it nor any open storage. Just stores the throw cushion.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    That cushion storage box (throw cushion) was made to fit eastern markets where it was required to be accessible always. They do still offer that box.
    How much $? I bought and put in the carpeted one. I like it but might have considered a fiberglass one.

Just sit one it a few weeks usabassin.

6. Member
    I have had the center seat, the fiberglass and now the carpeted. The carpet box is much more functional for me. I keep reading glasses, sunglasses,mapping cards, micro cleaning cloth, etc. in the box that is quickly accessible. The box is sturdy enough to step on when moving from lower deck to back deck.

[QUOTE=Cape Fear;8762304]I have had the center seat, the fiberglass and now the carpeted. The carpet box is much more functional for me. I keep reading glasses, sunglasses,mapping cards, micro cleaning cloth, etc. in the box that is quickly accessible. The box is sturdy enough to step on when moving from lower deck to back

That is good to know. Does water/moisture get into the small compartment on top of the lid? Or do you just use it for items for that day?

8. Member
    My dry compartment works great and I never see it wet. And I use the cooler underneath as a trash can.

9. Member
    I've never had any water intrusion in the box when fishing in the rain but I do keep a small note pad and pen in a small sealed plastic bag just incase.