Thread: MOTOR MATE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    U take a motor mate and push and pull and see it flex and move and use a transom stick and do the same and see what happens. There is 500+ lbs hanging off the back with no support with a motor lock the same 500 is still there hold a 10lb weight straight out with your arm this is same idea as the engine and transom theory with a motor mate now if u was to take a sturdy pole from your hip to your wrists and u can hold the same weight longer
    Last edited by Bullet Bling; 10-04-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Bling View Post
    U take a motor mate and push and pull and see it flex and move and use a transom stick and do the same and see what happens. There is 500+ lbs hanging off the back with no support with a motor lock the same 500 is still there hold a 10lb weight straight out with your arm this is same idea as the engine and transom theory with a motor mate now if u was to take a sturdy pole from your hip to your wrists and u can hold the same weight longer

Exactly!!! ^^ However keep in mind that IF the boat is not secured in the rear TO THE TRAILER....it will bounce off of the trailer when you hit a bump, which will transfer directly to the transom!!!!
    The stick style is by far the best as long as the boat is secured to the trailer!! JMO
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

3. Member
    I have used them both but have gone back with the stick version. I must admit the motor mate type is a much more simple method to install.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner magic View Post
    I have used them both but have gone back with the stick version. I must admit the motor mate type is a much more simple method to install.
    How can it be more simple than trimming your motor down onto the stick lining it up on the roller?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    The storage is way better with the motor mate style I couldn't stand finding a place for the stick it ended up in the truck. Ya I know lazy lol
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

6. Banned
    Still haven't made my decision between the two... I started with a stick, was a die hard stick guy, but now I'm with a motormate on a pro max... Seems like it does bounce a whole lot less.... But I do wonder about where the weight is transferred. Hmmm. Which they could do some sort of serious study on this

7. Member
    Just switched to a MotorMate. Couldnt stand the stick tearing up my lower unit. Scratching the crap out of it. Yeah I could put a towel over it and run the motor down. Love the simplification of the MotorMate.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

8. RIP -April 30,2023
    i ran motormate for a long time and always liked it with no problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12