Question Advice. Dual axle trailer. Disc Brakes. Extremely hot.

Hey guys. I have an SC Dual Axle Trailer. I had a new brake job 1 year ago. A few weeks later I brought it back to the service facility because the rims/tires were extremely hot after driving merely 30 miles. I brought it back, and he couldn't duplicate. 50% of the time my rims get full of black brake dust and are hot, the other 50% it's fine. Now on the left side, I can see grooves again. Thoughts?

2. Member
    Jack the trailer and spin the wheels by hand, should only be a slight drag. Actuate the brake and they should not spin.
    If they don't spin by hand when released, or is very difficult, than there is too much pressure thru the caliper.
    Could be the caliper itself, clogged lines or the master cylinder not releasing properly.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Since the problem only happens now and then, I'd bet that the sometimes pistons in the caliper are sticking.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments