Z20 leans to the passanger side.

Got a 2016 Z20 that seems to be leaning to the passenger side. It seems to be getting worse. Last weekend while in a tournament with a passenger, the boat leaned that way badly. Whenever I put it on plane it leaned that way allot. So bad that it was hard to drive and that side of the boat was bashing into waves badly. It leveled out once I got on pad, but come off pad and the front dived to that side and would lean to that side bad. Any thoughts on this??? Seems as if maybe there's water in a compartment on that side that can't get out. Of coarse with it leaning that way all the gas runs to that side making it worse. Looking for thoughts or ideas on what it could be. I'm sure Bass Pro Shops with just say it's fine. Of coarse I've pulled the drain plug and lifted the front way up to drain all water. HELP !!!

Seems like it is getting worse? That is puzzling, cause it shouldn't be possible. What is your battery/charger oil tank layout in the back? How is your tackle arranged, and do you have a tallon or powerpoles?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Better hope your batteries are still locked down. Otherwise I don't see how it can "get worse" unless your fishing partner is on a feeding binge and gaining weight quickly.. :)
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

When did it start doing this? Is it doing this without someone on the passenger side?

5. Member
    Make sure motor is straight and check bolts.

Also inspect skeg

the reason you sit on the starboard side is as you get going there is torque transferred and your weight is supposed to help counteract that, in addition finding an rpm to trim% can aleave a bunch of this
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    In a 2 day draw tournament last weekend. First day partner was a heavy weight, maybe 330# so I thought that was the cause. But the next day I had a high school kid that was about 170# and it was leaning just as bad. Do have twin poles but I've had them from day 1. I had a light load in the boat as far as my tackle. My skag does need so serious work. Broke about 1/2 off this spring and have not had it repaired yet. It's a 250 Verado Pro. Will check all bolts, didn't think of that. Thanks for all the input.

8. Banned
    So was it doing it before you messed up your skeg, if not there is your answer it seems.

Check skeg and prop for damage, also check hull. U can move a batteries around to counter the lean.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team