Backtrack trailer hubs/bearings

Anyone know the bearing numbers for the backtrack trailers? Want a spare set of bearings or a complete hub assembly.

Depends on how new your trailer is... If it is a newer one they have the vortex hubs. I switched to them last year and they are pretty sweet.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

Also depends on the trailer size as to which Vortex hub assembly. If it is 18 or longer it will be the one that holds 1750lb per hub. you can look up on the Vault site.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

4. Member
    It’s a 2017. I tore down the hub and got the bearing numbers. Verified the numbers with tie downs website and ordered a 1750lb hub. When I went to take the vortex cap off the cap was broken. Not sure if I did it or it was already that way. Pretty sure it wasn’t me so I’m not too happy right now. The spare hub should be in on Tuesday so I’ll take the cap off it and put it on the hub with the broken cap. I think I like the bearing buddy system better.

5. Member
    By far the Vortex hubs on the Back track trailer have been the most reliable of any boat trailer i have ever owned...I keep a spare set of end caps which i have broken taking them off & on...Every 12 months I pump fresh grease in and pump the old grease out..My rig is going on 4 years now without replacing seals or bearings...What makes the setup i believe more reliable is the stainless sleeve that the rear seal rides on...This helps prevent rust and corrosion thus seal remains water tight.. I use the recommended Lucas Marine Grease ...I used to think the buddy bearing was better ..Now I believe this sealed system is best....

6. Member
    5 years with the Vortex hubs, no problem at all. With their 6 year, 100,000 mile no service needed I still have another year to go before I check on them. I have never serviced them as yet but always check for heat or signs of a problem but only about 30 miles round trip to where I launch most of the time. My buddy is going on 8 years with a similar type hub on his Triton and never a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbnaileng View Post
    It’s a 2017. I tore down the hub and got the bearing numbers. Verified the numbers with tie downs website and ordered a 1750lb hub. When I went to take the vortex cap off the cap was broken. Not sure if I did it or it was already that way. Pretty sure it wasn’t me so I’m not too happy right now. The spare hub should be in on Tuesday so I’ll take the cap off it and put it on the hub with the broken cap. I think I like the bearing buddy system better.
    You can order a set of two caps, they are the weak link. If they get bumped or over tightened they can crack and let water in.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

8. Member
    what size wheels fit the vortex hubs?

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

9. Member

Found these numbers
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    I called Backtrack (Owned by Xpress) last week and confirmed the vortex hubs can be retrofitted to any of their older trailers. I own a 2006 Xpress 17HD and Backtrack trailer and the gentleman I spoke to said the correct part # in Vortex hubs is 81022
    for a complete assembly.

Back Track Trailers, Inc.

199 Extrusion Pl
    Hot Springs National Park, AR 71901 | map | directions
    Skip McAlister
    (501) 262-5300 | fax: (501) 262-5053

Yes, my first boat is an "old boat" however when I had the timing belt changed out due to age and unknown hours, the mechanic confirmed when he hooked up his machine to the info port: 47.5 hours on the motor (60 hp 4 stroke). So the widow selling the dead husbands boat was a true story. She was having a used dealer sell it for her on consignment.

Now I just need to upgrade the hubs to match the new tires and I will be ready for some road trips to far away lakes with my 10 year old!

11. Member
    Thank you. The info on the Vortex hubs is great. Peace of mind, for sure.

12. Member
    I bought a new Xpress in 2018 and one plastic end cap started leaking. It had no number inside the cap. Called dealer and he said Back Track trailers had a bad bad ch of caps. Dealer replaced the cap free and said some of the caps without a number were defective. New cap had a number inside cap Kept the boat 2 years with no more problems.

My signature below shows what I replaced it with. Triton uses the Vault system.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support