Thread: Sabre FTD

Sabre FTD

Just looking for a little advice on the Sabre FTD. I'm coming out of a Skeeter ZX250 because the new house won't hold it (been told by many my priorities are not lined up correctly). The new house's basement is a 9' wide door and measures 20'5" deep however, the wall is just framed and can be moved back some to accommodate a boat. Does anyone have an accurate length measurement of the FTD with 175 with the tongue broken and the motor tucked? Basscat shows 19'8" but I've heard they are actually longer than that.

Also, I've been priced a 2017 Sabre FTD 175 Pro XS for $41,200 OTD. Upgrades includes tandem trailer, helix 7's console and bow, and ultrex with spot lock. Does this sound about right?

Any help is appreciated.

The lengths on the boats are usually fairly accurate.

3. Member
    Watch out on the length they are not 19'8". Here are the lengths per Bass Cat 20'6" for 2 strokes 20'8" with mercury 4 stroke. Post number 15 here https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...length#p214701 it's from 2015 I think the numbers need updated on the web site.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTaco View Post
    Just looking for a little advice on the Sabre FTD. I'm coming out of a Skeeter ZX250 because the new house won't hold it (been told by many my priorities are not lined up correctly). The new house's basement is a 9' wide door and measures 20'5" deep however, the wall is just framed and can be moved back some to accommodate a boat. Does anyone have an accurate length measurement of the FTD with 175 with the tongue broken and the motor tucked? Basscat shows 19'8" but I've heard they are actually longer than that.

Also, I've been priced a 2017 Sabre FTD 175 Pro XS for $41,200 OTD. Upgrades includes tandem trailer, helix 7's console and bow, and ultrex with spot lock. Does this sound about right?

Any help is appreciated.
    I believe your price is pretty close. I would try to upgrade to Helix 9's for that price and smile out the door.
    I am not sure on the exact size of the Trailer and boat as I have a single axle trailer.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

5. Member
    20'6" comes to mind on my old Sabre FTD with a 175 ProXS. You are going to be real close. Does the dealer have one, or have a customer that'll let you try one in that garage?

6. Member
    Thanks for the all the feedback. I was thinking the price was pretty close, had something similar in mind on maybe asking for one more thing for the same price and be happy. My main reason for looking at the Sabre is trying not to move that wall in the basement. If I end up having to move it anyway, that will open up some of the boats I can consider. Yes, the dealer I speaking with has one on his lot, looks like I'll be visiting with a tape measure this week.

7. Member
    When I was looking Rocco I tried a Ranger 18' and a PII in my garage. The dealers around me assisted with getting them here and putting them in the garage. Both were tighter than I wanted. I ended up with the Sabre FTD and it was just right. I had a little more room than you.

These days I have a light weight Ranger RT188 alminum in there. It's in at an angle instead of straight back, but it's light enough I can move it around real easy. Plus I have an 18' door.

You can measure all you want, I'd really suggest rolling one back if you can. The Sabre is about as short an 18 on the trailer as you can get. Seems like you can order one with a 3" Jack plate if needed as well? That should put you right there if it's real close and it's an option.

8. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I think mine is right at 20'5" with a Merc 150 Pro XS.

Mine is 19’ 10” with a 150 Opti with tongue folded. Just measured it.

If you haven’t thought of it, get the pole and step for the trailer. A must have as far as I’m concerned.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Yes, you can get a 3" manual plate for shortening the length.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTaco View Post
    Thanks for the all the feedback. I was thinking the price was pretty close, had something similar in mind on maybe asking for one more thing for the same price and be happy. My main reason for looking at the Sabre is trying not to move that wall in the basement. If I end up having to move it anyway, that will open up some of the boats I can consider. Yes, the dealer I speaking with has one on his lot, looks like I'll be visiting with a tape measure this week.

I have looked on line and can't find one in Alabama, what dealer did you locate these?
    Thanks

12. Member
    Looking at the tape measure now and using a 4' level with motor all the way down and turned hard to the left, when measured from plumb down from first contact of cowling and prop im 23'6 1/2" and 20'6 5/8" when tongue is folded. 17 ftd with 150 pro xs and 8" plate. Your price is good lol
    Last edited by rhino1991; 10-02-2017 at 09:31 PM.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1991 View Post
    Looking at the tape measure now and using a 4' level with motor all the way down and turned hard to the left, when measured from plumb down from first contact of cowling and prop im 23'6 1/2" and 20'6 5/8" when tongue is folded. 17 ftd with 150 pro xs and 8" plate. Your price is good lol
    Awesome! Thanks for the help.