250SS Prop Replacement

I知 looking to change out my Suzuki Prop (pressed in hub) 4 x 14 1/2 x 29, to a prop with the SQ-LOC HUB type. I知 pushing a Charger 496 and it seems like I知 the only 1 in the country running this set up, so info is scarce. Any suggestions or what others are running on their Suzuki would be appreciated.
    08 - CHARGER 496 / SUZUKI 250 SS

2. Member
    I was running a Mercury Fury 27P prop for a little bit before I got my Suzuki prop in. Regarding the hub, I actually purchased the Mercury flo torque Suzuki hub kit and only used the thrust washer and spline adapter of the kit since it matched up with my older metal sleeve. My marine dealer recommended that I don't use the hard plastic sleeve from the hub kit and utilize the metal sleeve since the plastic sleeve will likely blow out while under load. Regarding props, I didn't care for the Fury on the Suzuki since I caused my boat to list to port due to prop torque. Once I put on the Suzuki prop, the prop torque went away and ran a lot better.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

I would also recommend getting a Flo-Torque for your Suzuki...You'll get a lot more options for propping with the Mercury hub. Just my 2 cents.
    2016 Alumacraft 165 Classic with 50hp Yamaha. 80# Terrova w/US2

2021 Nitro ZV20 300 Pro XS 15 Pro Kicker Lowrance and Terrova

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    I would also recommend getting a Flo-Torque for your Suzuki...You'll get a lot more options for propping with the Mercury hub. Just my 2 cents.
    Im going with the Flo-Torque, just trying to find a prop that will work well on the Suzuki and push my 496 down the lake decent.
    08 - CHARGER 496 / SUZUKI 250 SS

5. Member
    Brandon Card says he would try a 27 or 28 pitch four blade on my boat. Going to try and send back my 3 blade and get a 4 blade.