questions on Garmin lake vu

I have 3 garmin units on my boat. A 73 chirp with side view. A 73 with out chirp and 1 more in the front. If I buy the new lake vu card can I down load or does it down load automatically to the

unit?

Or if I buy 1 map card would I have to swap it to each unit as I moved from driving to to trolling motor. Each unit does have an Ethernet hook up. But is there a way for all 3 to talk to each other.

I bought the boat with 2 unis installed. I removed the 73 chirp from a boat I sold. The chirp is a 2017 model

Also what is the difference in the ultra maps sold by the gps store and the garmin sight, 1 is $199 and the other is $129?
    Last edited by bbcman; 09-29-2017 at 01:58 PM.

The LakeVu HD Ultra card mapping is strictly read from the card (not downloaded to the unit). Do note that your echoMAPs already have the LakeVu HD mapping preloaded.

The LakeVu Ultra card mapping/features will share among Ethernet-linked units (like the 7600 series provides). However, these echoMAPs do not have Ethernet networking. The echoMAP CHIRP units do have what looks like an Ethernet port on the back, but this port is for Panoptix only, not Ethernet networking. So yes, if you wanted the extra features that the Ultra card provides, you would have to move this Ultra card from unit to unit with the echoMAPs.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Thanks Todd.

4. Member
    What is the difference in the ultra maps sold by the gps store and the garmin sight, 1 is $199 and the other is $129?

5. Member
    If I download or purchase a map card could I then load it on to another card so I would not have to buy 3 cards?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcman View Post
    What is the difference in the ultra maps sold by the gps store and the garmin sight, 1 is $199 and the other is $129?
    Tough to answer.
    On the Garmin site the U.S. LakeVu HD Ultra lists for $199.99 part number 010-D1382-00
    On the gpsstore I saw Garmin LakeVu HD Ultra US for $189.95 part number 010-C1110-00
    The one I saw for $129 was Garmin LakeVu HD LUS100F Inland Lakes part number 010-C1087-00
    The same on is on Hodges for $121.14.

I am no expert on maps but the first one listed is the 2017 version. The others are earlier versions and not current. That may be okay for you lake but my lake only shows good detail on the 2017 version.

It would really help if the part number included the year and month of issue. It probably does in some sort of coded format.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcman View Post
    If I download or purchase a map card could I then load it on to another card so I would not have to buy 3 cards?
    Buy 3 cards. Duplicating a card doesn't work. You're probably eligible for a free update on the 2017 one.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 10-09-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    I spoke with Garmin today about my dilemma. If I purchased a reprogrammed card I would have to remove the card to use in the unit I wanted the mapping. If I download the card, as long as the units are registered in my name I can download the card 3x and put the cards in each unit. So now I have to see if previous owner has registered the units or not. I am hoping not.