Jethro 1, or Yamaha Tech

Have a 1984 Yamaha 150 ETLN that I have removed the oil injection ,Have ziptied the oil level control in the engine tank and the boat tank , it works , I would like to remove the tanks and oil level controls ,what wires need to be jumped to do this and still allow the Heat sensor to operate ??? Many thanks Guys

2. Banned
    I see nothing in the wiring diagram that leads me to believe that the over temperature warning system will be affected if the oil tanks, sensors and oil control module are removed.

Why is the question being asked?

3. Member
    I want to be sure that the low oil system will not come on with the system disconnected.

4. Banned
    The low oil warning signal comes from the sensor assembly in the main oil tank. The over temperature warning signal comes from either of two thermoswitches installed in each cylinder head. The circuits for the two signals come together and go to (1) the ignition control unit for RPM reduction and (2) to the key switch to activate the warning horn. If the main oil tank sensor assembly and the oil control module are removed they will not affect the over temperature warning circuit.

See for yourself. Disconnect the main oil tank sensor and the oil control module. Disconnect either thermoswitch leads and plug the black wire male terminal into the pink wire female terminal. Turn the key on. You should hear the warning horn.

Question for you - Why in the world was the oil injection system removed from the motor?

5. Member
    Jethro the control unit assembly became defective and was pumping oil when ever the key was on (ground internal ) and the oil pump leaks past the check valves in pump Big bucks to fix a 33 year old engine,So I can just take the two oil level controls out of the system (engine tank and boat tank ) and press on thanks Jethro, Maybe I can get thing to run couple more years be I go to a SHO LOL