Optimax 115 surging

Good morning to all. New to this site, but seems to be very helpful. I have read so much on the web and still feel like im getting nowhere. Anyway i have an Optimax 115 with approx 60 hrs on it. Motor cranks, idles, and runs great. As soon as she warms up i have a surging issue when i go over 4000 rpm's. It seems to run fine for the first 10 min at 4500 rpm's but after that she will not cross 4000 without surging. Any ideas? I checked compression 120 in all 3. Changed plugs. No alarms at anytime. Oil is full, bulb feels firm but hard to check by yourself on plain. Any pointers or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 2009 Mercury Optimax 115 S/N 1B719309

2. Member
    Good place to start without having a diagnostic check - FUEL LINES AND PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Banned
    Change the fuel filter lately?
    Did the 2009's have a recall on the coils as well?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    A check of the BASICS may prove productive:

-Compression Test
    -Spark Test (verify ONLY the correct plugs used: IZFR5J)
    -Fuel Quality, Delivery, and AIR/FUEL PRESSURE TESTS *

* Test and record Air/Fuel Pressures for:
    -Idle
    -Under Acceleration
    -5/10/15 seconds after engine shutdown.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor