Trolling motor tray x19?

I just purchased a 2008 x19. I initiated the process of installing the recessed tray tonight and noticed the beam that I would have to cut through. Just wondering if any of y’all have any experience with this and what do you recommend? I don’t want to compromise the stability of the floor, but defiantly want the tray.

Thanks

2. Member
    You have to cut through that beam to install it on every Xpress I’m pretty sure but the installation of the tray should re strengthen it.
    2010 Xpress X-19 2010 Yamaha VMAX Series 2 200

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnickles12 View Post
    I just purchased a 2008 x19. I initiated the process of installing the recessed tray tonight and noticed the beam that I would have to cut through. Just wondering if any of y’all have any experience with this and what do you recommend? I don’t want to compromise the stability of the floor, but defiantly want the tray.

Thanks
    many have cut through beam and had no issues. I did on mine and it did not hurt anything at all.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

No issues for me either.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

5. Member
    It seems daunting at first, and you get a little flex in the deck before you reinstall the tray, but once you do it is just as sturdy as before.

Now the hole was all ready cut in the floor when I bought mine, I just wanted to change the style of trey. The one that was in it originally was a shallow home made one. But I put some 1" square aluminum tubing around the hole underneath to kind of frame it up and support it better. Then added the top plate to fit the new trey and done. Solid as a rock.
    Attached Images Attached Images