Spiderwire Braid Opinions

I used ti fish Spiderwire products a lot and really liked there mono. I would like to try their braid out as the yellow color looks like a good visibility color and I would run a leader. I see a lot of people including my buddies running p line only but I like to be different and I like their hat and dont want ti wear it unless I actually fish it lol. Im not a pro and dont do a lot of tourneys plus Cabellas has a 1500 spool on sale for a little over 100. Thanks

2. Member
    Honestly, and this is just my opinion, anything that Spiderwire makes is bottom shelf. I used to fish a lot of Spiderwire line as well and once I tried Seaguar and Sunline, I never went back, and for good reason... you get what you pay for. The only line I would consider from Spiderwire is their braid. If you get a good batch it's decent line. Pretty much any other brand is better. Lol

If you don't want to pay for Sunline or Seaguar I would suggest looking at Daiwa or Power Pro braid.

3. Member
    Been using Spiderwire Braid for years. It's performance has never given me a reason to switch. When I used mono, their brand (XXX) seemed to be very pliable and manageable.
    So you can count me as a definite 'Yes' for Spiderwire.

4. Member
    I personally dont like spiderwirr braid.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badfish.rb View Post
    I personally dont like spiderwirr braid.
    X2 I used it for a long time until I tried power pro. Way less wind knotting and much better color last and I think it is more abrasion resistant. Just my opinion....
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

6. Member
    I'm a big fan of the Spider Stealth braid. It's been very dependable for me. I use it from 10lb up to 65lb, drop shot to punching and it's never let me down. I just spooled a rod with the new Stealth SMOOTH braid and it looks very promising.

7. Member
    Thanks for the reviews guys. I will try it out with Seagur fluoro leaders.

My friend uses it and loves it. Based on his recommendation I tried some 50lb. It broke with so little effort I went back to Power Pro. He still uses it with good results.

9. Member
    SpiderWire Ultra-Cast...

oe

10. Member
    +1 on the Spiderwire Stealth. I don't use it anymore, as I found the Suffix 832 and, more recently, the Vicious no-fade braid to be better overall lines. But for the price, I really liked the Spiderwire Stealth.

11. Member
    I picked some up. Also picked up some power pro so I could compare.

12. Member
    I use whatever brand I find discounted or in a 'damaged' package including spider wire. I have had good luck with all of them. If I had some that was bad I am not sure I could tell you what brand it was!!!

13. Member
    Spider stealth, power pro fails all can the time on big peacocks

2006 Allison Bassport Pro - Hull #7
    2008 250XS

14. Member
    Tried many different braids including the premium stuff like Samurai but always end up going back to PP.

15. Member
    IMO Spiderwire is too stiff and loses color immediately. It simply doesn't come off the spool or fish as well as Power Pro. I haven't had issues with it breaking. Just a lot of knotting and exreme memory after the slightest backlash. PP is still my braid of choice.

16. Member
    Power Pro Yellow...
    I use a leader...

________

17. Member
    I much prefer Power Pro for its abrasion resistance.