Ned Rig for Trout?

Going to Smoky Mtns in a couple of weeks. There is a Trout stream by the cabin we are staying in. Not much of Fly Fisherman, but have ultra light spinning gear. I was wondering if a tiny Ned Rig would work on the trout? Thoughts, experience, and recommendations.

Yes. Try a bubblegum colored TRD on the rig....
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    pickup a bait called the trout magnet, works pretty good. I use it on an ultralight setup with 4lb mono
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

I can't attest to it in streams, but its a killer on stocked trout in a local lake each winter. Like Drew said, try the Bubblegum. I also like the pearl or white lightning (used to be called clear/silver flake) with a red or pink head.
    Green pumpkins will work too. Ned Kehde even has some Infisherman blog articles called "Bass Fishing for Trout." Do a search on that website. Same lake I fish.

One thing I notice on the trout. Use the lightest jighead you can. My experience is that trout would rather grab something slowly sinking than something on the bottom. I start with the 1/20oz Finesse ShroomZ, but I have used as light as 1/32 Gopher mushroom head jigs. This is for small lake fishing though. In a stream, I would guess it will depend on the current speed, but I still say lighter is better.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bnt55 View Post
    pickup a bait called the trout magnet, works pretty good. I use it on an ultralight setup with 4lb mono

This........as well as a couple of spinners.
    Question everything!