Need guide information for Loomis with weibe handle

Hi all, I've been striking out on finding the two guides I need for an older Loomis glx mbr844c with weibe handle. I have had The inserts pop out of a couple of the guides and want to have them replaced. I believe I tracked them down to PAC bay SICs but can't seem to find them anywhere online. Can one of you awesome experts help me out with the numbers or other options. I hate to spend a bunch of money on this rod but still liketo fish it. The guides that are missing inserts are the two closest to the handle.

Thanks. Wes

2. Member

3. Member
    Hi Wes,

Are you set on having exact replacements? If not, I'd upgrade to a current guide. Mudhole Tackle carries most brands and models (likely a size 12 and 10).

If you want exact replacements, I'd call G.Loomis. They have the guide spec for every rod ever made and can tell you what guides were used. Guides from long ago might be hard to come by through dealers, once you have the spec from G.Loomis, you might try contacting the importer directly.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with Loomis without much help other than the suggestion to call pacbay. Am I better off to go with the expiditor?

5. Member
    Let me see if I can track down the guides for you.

6. Member
    Thanks that would be great. Wes

7. Member
    I've made an inquiry, hope to have an answer this week.

8. Member
    Hi guys. I’m needing to revisit this post. I still have this 844mbr with a weibe seat. I couldn’t get this done the way I wanted. Here is the new question. I want to sell it. What is it worth as is with two guide inserts popped out or should I upgrade it first with loomis xpeditor then sell it? Thoughts please?

wes

9. Member
    I have one of those stored in the rafters in the shed, what is the problem you are having exactly? If you have the rod the guides are right there on the rod to measure for size and style. Are you looking for exact copies of the 30 year old guides? I believe mine are black framed, first guide is a 12 mm, second probably a 10 mm, but I'll have to look. While sitting here at 2244 in the evening, I bet they are BTSG, if Ti framed the CTSG.
    Last edited by Spoonplugger1; 03-06-2022 at 01:00 AM.

10. Member
    Two of my 3 GLX rods are from the first year of production they have the Ti/SiC Pac Bay CTSG guides.

11. Member
    I think I’m just trying to find best value for me moving on from this rod. I loved it, caught some monsters on it but ready to move on. I can sell it as is to someone who wants the blank and reel seat, someone can reguide it or I can xpedite it to sell the new rod. What would be a realistic value for it as is?

12. Member
    Yes I believe those are the guides. They are the tall guides. 097694BF-E93D-4F92-B1C4-05EA4A692F2F.jpeg You can see the two missing inserts in the pic.

13. Member
    My thoughts are you are likely to come out ahead by getting it replaced and selling then selling as is. Might can get $200 - $300 for the new rod. For one that needs work I wouldn't put $100 into it. This is just my opinion so take it as that. I haven't researched to see what the rod would sell for if it wasn't missing guides nor what the new model GLX would sell for. I am also not sure how high demand the weibe handle has. Myself I want the newest components on newest blanks. While I don't know that there is any proof, but in my mind as a rod ages it has to eventually get to a point that it becomes weaker and more prone to breaking. So I can't see replacing all the guides on a 10+ year old rod. I know there are plenty of guys that restore older rods. I just have that thought in the back of my head it is always better to build with new components. If I was using older components I would feel safer using guides than a older blank. Again those are just my thoughts.

14. Member
    I appreciate that and falls along my own thoughts but I’m no expert or that detailed when it comes to this stuff. Thanks.

15. Member
    Has anybody ever tried to use the Xpeditor service without the rod being registered. Their policy says the rod needs to be registered. Some of mine are not registered.