Thread: Mega Images

Mega Images

These are some of my first mega Images. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like you are on the moon!! Love the clarity!
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

3. Member
    I need to find a hosting site, hard to see much in these small pics.

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by medicpelle View Post
    I need to find a hosting site, hard to see much in these small pics.
    https://postimages.org/
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

5. Member
    Terrible, you should rip it all out and I'll take it off your hands!

Seriously thinking about getting mega units on my next boat and dropping the L's I have now.

6. Member
    That third image which has the horizontal bars looks like trolling motor interference. I had something similar on my 798 and Wayne helped me figure out. May not be interference but sure looks like it. The other images are awesome.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    That third image which has the horizontal bars looks like trolling motor interference. I had something similar on my 798 and Wayne helped me figure out. May not be interference but sure looks like it. The other images are awesome.
    Third image was from the console unit while on the TM, boat wasn't hardly moving.

8. Member
    Third image was from the console unit while on the TM, boat wasn't hardly moving.
    Maybe Wayne can look at that the third one and see if he thinks there is TM interference. Just a thought based on my experience with TM interference.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    Maybe Wayne can look at that the third one and see if he thinks there is TM interference. Just a thought based on my experience with TM interference.

Looks like RFI to me. This screen shot was done on an electric-only lake with the SOLIX transducer on the transom and unit at the console. I was using a 24V transom trolling motor with the unit power from one of those two batteries. My bow motor is 24V also and is connected to two other batteries. The bow unit is powered by an additional single 12V battery.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Not sure how it's TM interference since I wasn't on the TM and snapped the pic at the console. I'm saying the boat wasn't hardly moving except for the wind moving the boat slightly. To my knowledge SI won't show very good images at a near standstill.

11. Member
    Not sure how it's TM interference since I wasn't on the TM and snapped the pic at the console. I'm saying the boat wasn't hardly moving except for the wind moving the boat slightly. To my knowledge SI won't show very good images at a near standstill.
    I am certainly not an expert by any stretch but all I know is that those horizontal lines should not be there. There is some type of RFI going on.

Sort of does:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    If the scroll speed is at 4-5 and you are not moving wouldn't that effect it? Cause the rest of the images are off the same ducer.

If the scroll speed is at 4-5 and you are not moving wouldn't that effect it? Cause the rest of the images are off the same ducer.
    "To my knowledge SI won't show very good images at a near standstill."

IF you adjust the Chart Speed to the GPS speed you won't be using 4-5 when almost sitting still. That is PROPER operation of Imaging.

You use faster speed settings for 2D ONLY for vertical fishing. You have to choose one or the other.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Console unit was set to 4 since that what was what my GPS speed was when I was idling into an area. Once in the area I wanted to fish I dropped TM then used the Mega 10 at the bow. I walked to the back of the boat to grab something and I happened to see the image and snapped a pic. I can care less what the console is set at when I'm on the bow so why would I adjust the chart speed for something I'm not currently using. My assumption was the pic was bad due to a high chart speed and the boat barely moving. My question was to confirm if that is an accurate assumption. The boat was barely moving/drifting at 0.7mph "GPS" per the pic and nobody was on the TM at the time of the screen capture so I'm not sure how it would be RFI from the TM.

16. Member
    I was getting those " lines or bars" when I had a battery issue. I was running 2 998s and livewell,bilge and nav lights. At the end of the day I would see them on the screen.