Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rudebee View Post
    There is none. Start and go!
    Nice! I am starting to like this motor more and more all the time.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

2. Member
    Local gent let me drive his 250. Was blown away, and the power steering was sweeeeeet. No steering torque, was like driving a car
    ordered one for my new rig
    Risen From The Ashes!!

3. Member
    The 10 year warranty more than makes up the difference in price!

4. Member
    I’ve had mine for 2 full years now. Had a few minor issues in the first 10-15 hours with sensors and some bad connections. All very minor and taken care of easily. Other than that this is far and away the strongest and most fuel efficient motor I’ve owned and I’ve had many of all brands and HP. Normally I only keep 2-3 years then sell but with this thing I just don’t feel the need to get rid of it anytime soon. Warranty for at least another 4 years and I just don’t think there is a better motor available. Love this thing. I’d say it’s worth any extra they charge especially with the 10 years warranty they are offering . Never look back, you will love it.

I've had both and have a G2 250 HO on my family ski boat. It's a beast of a motor. BUT...service is an issue for me. There is no dealer that supports the G2 in my area at all which is stunning. Fargo isn't small...but the Evinrude dealers around here won't train their techs or pay for the equipment. So my choice were a 2 hour drive south to Watertown, SD, 2.5 hours South East to Rogers, MN or 4 hours west to Bismarck ND area.

Having said all that, I've great luck with both motors. The Pro XS has great fuel economy (better then Verados) and the G2 is even better. I'd let the decision come down to service availability in your area. Also, if you go with the G2, be aware there is a Flo-Torq hub kit for the G2 so you can run Mercury props if needed. I have run both Bravo 1 FS and Evinrude RX4's on my G2 and my set up prefers the Merc props.

You won't go wrong with either motor.
    2016 Alumacraft 165 Classic with 50hp Yamaha. 80# Terrova w/US2

2021 Nitro ZV20 300 Pro XS 15 Pro Kicker Lowrance and Terrova

6. Member
    i'm repowering my boat in the spring with a G2 200 HO - no power steering - 3.5 icon and new concealed side mount controls. 10 year warranty is a big deal and worth about $3800.

my only complaints at this point is that i want to run a jackplate and i'm gaining about 4 inches of length overall and the extra 89lbs over my old johnson (450 vs 539lbs) although it doesn't seem like its going to be that big of an issue.

i actually have a platinum dealer within 20 miles of here so that is a plus.

i looked at mercury Pro XS and by the time i extended warranty, rerigged, new gauges, controls etc i was going to be in the neighborhood of a G2. Dealer and warranty were the deciding factors. i was going to have to go deep into Wisconsin to get a good price on the motor and i'm sure i would have a struggle getting any work done with dealers close to me because i didn't buy it from them.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

7. Member
    Ive got 140 hours on my G2 250HP. I will have a G2 on my next boat as well. Just cant imagine running anything else at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12