Which side to mount a single Talon

Which side do you guys think is best for mounting a single Talon on a 16' Nitro? I have a starboard side bracket available for really cheap otherwise I have to pay full price for a port side. Just wondering how much of a difference it will make if any. Thanks.

how does your boat sit with normal load, does it list? can you take 30 pounds of gear out of the starboard side and add to the port, it really doesnt matter. just somethings to tweak.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I really don't carry much gear but I could always shift my spare items and tackle to the other side. It normally sits pretty neutral. I'm guessing it wouldn't be a huge deal if I put it on the starboard side, I could always change it later down the road too

other than having to turn around more to see it is up, i like a single behind the wheel anyway, fewer bugs and a slip stream for it to pass through.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    I look to mount my shallow anchor to the side which my throttle and steering cables come out of a sleeve on the transom. Thus no holes to drill.

I have my talon on the Starboard side on my Z19. I did that because a lefty fishes out of the back and a left sidearm cast would cause interference with the talon on the port side. With that said, it does cause a noticeable list to the starboard, especially with just me in the driver's seat. With my partner it isn't very noticeable. I have moved heavier stuff to the port as much as I can with the exception of the batteries, but without a partner it is noticeable, runs great on plane, but noticeable sitting and idling. If it doesn't matter for any particular reason, I would put it on the Port side.

I should note that my starting battery is on the starboard side as well, I just didn't feel like moving it....

The good thing is the bracket is reversible, so it can be switched if I need to.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team