Question 2013 Z119/Z519 Lowrance Touch 7 in bow - Will it Fit?

I seem to remember guys with the 2010-2013/4 Z119 and Z519s saying that a Touch 7 unit would fit flush mounted at the bow but I remember them saying it would be tight. I'm in the process of installing a Touch 7 at the bow and it looks worse than tight. Not sure how you could fit it in there.

Anyone on here with one of these 19s that has a Touch 7 mounted at the bow care to show me a pic or let me know how you went about squeezing it in there? Thanks.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

Got the panel further taken apart and it still looks like it will fit but the graph may cover up the mounting holes for the bow panel. That would suck when I need to get in there for something. Anyone done this and have any tips?

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I'd talk to Randy Kuhens at Precision Sonar. He makes powder coated replacement panels and has many, many ideas for doing what you propose. For example, it's possible Thant you could get one of his "blank" panels and cut it out just to fit the desired unit, or maybe Randy would go ahead and custom cut it for you! Really nice guy to talk with.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

You may be able to squeeze it in there but if it's the plastic panel it will eventually crack from the weight of the 7. As jc2bg suggested talk to Randy he has a post further down of an HDS-9 gimbal mounted on I think the same panel you have.

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

5. Member
    Not sure if your bow panel is the same as my 2013 Z118, but a HDS7 Gen 3 fit in my bow panel with zero issues.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

6. Banned
    I made a panel to cover the 5" cut out and just used the humminbird factory mount. Solid as a rock easy to remove.

Thanks guys, I talked to Randy and he is setting me up.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Randy takes care of business!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Just to update, I did order and receive a blank replacement panel and new deck mount for my boat from Precision Sonar. Can't say enough about the ordering experience as I talked to Randy several times to make sure everything was right and then received the products within a couple days of placing the order. All mounting hardware and instructions included and made installing this very fast and easy. Great experience with Precision Sonar.