Thread: Osprey

Osprey

See these birds often when fishing in MO, but there has been a pair at Wilson County lake this summer. Sunday morning they had a young one flying around with them. Have seen them many times diving for fish this summer. Really cool to watch up close.

Seen them Saturday Morning ,, One kept circling around Overhead of Me with about a 2 pound bass in it Grasp.. finally went down by the damn to eat it... Neat to watch ..

3. Member
    My wife, son and I went crappie fishing at Middle Creek a few weeks ago. An Osprey was circling around then dives, goes under and comes out with a good size fish. My wife and son had never seen this before so they thought is was really neat to see. They also got to see the Eagles that nest there. Very cool!!!

4. Member
    While in college, (mid-life), I drove a bus in a retirement community in Boca. There was a giant tv/radio tower in the parking lot we parked the buses in. The community has a large lake in the center. You would see an osprey flying over the water and snatch a big bass out. He would sit in the tower and drop fish guts all in the parking lot and on buses. The stench burned the hair outta your nose. They paid a company to put a plastic owl up there.
    The osprey apparently loved the company, he would perch right next to it and eat. Funny.

Milford Lake is littered with them......... Constantly crashing the water here.

Quote Originally Posted by wardlowd34 View Post
    Milford Lake is littered with them......... Constantly crashing the water here.
    Did they just show up? I have not been up there much, but never seen one.

I had one last fall attack my Sammy; it came from behind me and crashed like a Bullet on top of my bait. Scared the BE-JESUS out of me and thank god it dropped it when it felt me. I would have taken a beating but would have tried to get it unhooked if it had not dropped the bait. I have caught and released Gulls on that lake when the Hybrids show up and they are a pain to release also. It happens unfortunately.