anybody have an idea as how to 'soften' a rod from MH to M

have one that has little or no tip action. Was thinking about hanging a weight on the tip end? OR taking the guides off and sanding it down...Thanks...BF

2. Banned
    Not gonna happen.

Sanding The blank, will lighten action LOL

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Sell rod, buy different rod. That is the easiest/best/correct way to do this haha. No harm in asking though
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

5. Member
    Sanding will weaken the wall of the blank and increase the chance of it breaking on

Not going to happen. There is no adjustability to blanks. You can make them slower or faster by lengthening or shortening but cannot make the tip softer. Use heavier baits than what you are using with that blank. There is no universal rating system so ones mh may be a h in another brand.

7. Member
    Well OK. I bought this rod some time ago to throw 1/2 oz spinner baits, but this ole age stuff is killing my wrist and shoulder. I'll be shopping for a M. Thanks to all for the helpful replies...BF

Does it have single or double foot guides on it? If double, you can sometimes add a bit of flex by going to single foot guides in my experience, but won't change the power of the blank...
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

Depending on how the rod is built, you may be able to strip it and rewrap in a way that would "soften" it a little. If it's painted, you can remove the paint and that will help.

Most likely your are talking about a lot of work for not much result and probably not what you are really wanting. But it could make for a fun project.