Center Hill Lake

Hey, does anyone have any advise for fishing here? I'm heading to Tennessee this week for my cousins wedding, and for a guys day out we are renting a pontoon out of Hidden Harbor Marina on Thursday to do some fishing. How is the bass fishing there? What types of techniques work well there? I'll probably pack a small tackle box to take. I was thinking some crankbaits(square bills and some mid depths like wiggle warts/dt10's), spinnerbaits, jigs, a few plastics to Texas rig and maybe stuff for shakey head/ned rigs. Anything else I have to have?!
    2003 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2003 Evinrude 225HO

2. Member
    Deep clear lake, if only for a day IMO leave everything at home.... except the shakey heads. focus on bluff and main lake points, also good to stop at any bridge and drop some shakey heads down the supports.

Good fishing at Hidden harbor. Fish the slips. Pros caught a lot of weight there pitching a spoon in the slips (MLF a couple years ago).

Ray
    (2005 Stratos 201/250 Yamaha HPDI)

4. Member
    Been there once on a houseboat. Would love to fish that river below the dam. Beautiful place.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacdude View Post
    Deep clear lake, if only for a day IMO leave everything at home.... except the shakey heads. focus on bluff and main lake points, also good to stop at any bridge and drop some shakey heads down the supports.
    only fished it a couple times but shaky and also 3 1/2 tubes in puke and black neon worked for me . Lots os spots and a few good smallies

6. Past Tournament Basser bassRN's Avatar
    Spider jigs in 20-50 foot worked well for me when I was there. Shaky heads and tubes should work as well
    JEFF SCHMIDT - NORTH PORT, FL
    '13 RANGER Z518 COMANCHE / '13 MERCURY PRO XS 200

Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    Been there once on a houseboat. Would love to fish that river below the dam. Beautiful place.
    Easiest fishing is below the dam fishing for trout on Caney Fork river. Lot's of stockers plus the occasional big one.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    Easiest fishing is below the dam fishing for trout on Caney Fork river. Lot's of stockers plus the occasional big one.
    its got alot of spots in it also.

Cool, I appreciate the tips so far! Keep them coming! I'd love to get into some nice spots! We only have two lakes in state of Iowa that have spots!
    2003 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2003 Evinrude 225HO

10. Member
    MacBride and Coralville??

11. Member
    Like another said, 3.5 inch smoke/red flake tube on bluffs and long points. Water temps are around 68 for now.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    MacBride and Coralville??
    Yep! And I'm pretty sure the only reason they are in Coralville is because of the '08 floods.
    2003 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2003 Evinrude 225HO

Fishing is tough right now on the lake. If I wanted to go catch some fish right this minute I would go trout fishing below the dam. Here in a couple of months fishing will be much better on the lake. Just stop at Big Rock Market on the way to the dam and they will hook you up with what you need for trout. Make sure and get a trout stamp, very good chance you will be checked
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    Fishing is tough right now on the lake. If I wanted to go catch some fish right this minute I would go trout fishing below the dam. Here in a couple of months fishing will be much better on the lake. Just stop at Big Rock Market on the way to the dam and they will hook you up with what you need for trout. Make sure and get a trout stamp, very good chance you will be checked
    Well, hopefully the fishing picks up for tomorrow!
    2003 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2003 Evinrude 225HO