Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    yeah i hear yah props are hard to come by around here.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    You actually have less slip at 5100 and 51 mph than at 5500 and 54 but your still way under what that boat should be running. Try putting a 25 in the box were your putting 24 and see what you get for slip. Your not adding 1" for cup. You need a 22" Raker and a 6" jack plate.
    I tested my tach with a known good tach yesterday and I was able to run 55mph all day when I found the sweet spot with the trim and rpm was only 5200-5250 which puts me at a more "reasonable" 13-14% slip. I'm not sure what you mean by I'm not adding 1" for cup though?

I still would like another 5mph on the top end though and I think you're right with the jack plate and I was thinking of getting my 24 worked. would that be better? or should I just get a 22 raker?

3. Member
    If your using the go fast slip calculator you add one inch of pitch for a SS cupped prop when figuring the prop pitch. A jack plate should add 2-3 mph to your top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Manitobacobra View Post
    yeah i hear yah props are hard to come by around here.
    Especially when ideally you want to test a bunch of props before you buy so you know what prop is going to perform the best.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    If your using the go fast slip calculator you add one inch of pitch for a SS cupped prop when figuring the prop pitch. A jack plate should add 2-3 mph to your top speed.
    good to know. thank you for your help

6. Member
    Something mounted on the right side bottom of the hull like a speddo tube or transducer that creates air can mess with your prop slip as well getting air in the bite of the prop. Just another thought. Taking my old speddo tube off same me some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzeback View Post
    Something mounted on the right side bottom of the hull like a speddo tube or transducer that creates air can mess with your prop slip as well getting air in the bite of the prop. Just another thought. Taking my old speddo tube off same me some issues.
    Good to know, Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12