Question Down scan image lines

I imagine this had been covered before, but I've looked some and can't find what I'm searching for.

My transducer is an LSS-2, mounted with a transducer shield/saver to my Jackplate.

Despite clear or dirty water, tan picture being clear water on Toledo, blue picture dirty water on a river. My down scan has some lines, I assume it is interference, but how do I clear it up?

Also, as seen in one of the attached pictures, when I swap from 455 to 800Khz, my level of detail appears to go diminish up in the shallower area. There are pads to the right, and they disappear when I swapped frequencies. Are they just too far out for the LSS-2 cone so it's not reaching that far? I've done experimenting with swapping at different times and running over the same structure, with mixed results.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    ya, 800 isnt scanning out there so youll have to stick with 455 or get closer

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The lines you are seeing in both down and side is the echo from the ducer signal "bouncing" around inside the jackplate....that's the best way to describe it....it is a common problem if the bottom of jackplate is wide open and the ducer is to close to the bottom.....the fix for it is to leave ducer where it is and buy a hole shot plate to close the bottom up or drop the ducer down a few inches....looking at the pic is appears that you cant go any lower so you would have to buy the extensions that fits the L Bracket from TSS (see link below)....

On another note, there are/is a hole shot plate made for your jackplate that also has a preformed "pad" to connect the LSS ducer directly to it.....cant remember the website but have seen pics....i'll try to find it....

As for the 455/800, that ducer is not a true dual frequency ducer like the original LSS 1 was.....455 will give better performace at longer/wider distances while 800 will give better detail up closer and shallower.....they rule of thumb that some go by is to set the side scan at 3X Depth....in other words if you are in 20' of water set sidescan to 60' range.....i never run mine on 800.....just leave it on 455...

http://www.transducershieldandsaver....ts/extensions/
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Thanks for the information.

I'll look for that hole shot plate, and if that doesn't show up or work out, go with an extension.

I've mostly used 455 with good results, but I've been playing with 800 trying to get a grasp on it's uses and limitations and how much detail it can produce.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I found the website.....if you have questions about it give them a call or email...

Here is the one that the LSS ducer can be mounted directly to......

https://uniqueboatproducts.net/produ...ot-plate-lss3d

Here is a just a plain hole shot plate.....cheaper option

https://uniqueboatproducts.net/produ...hydro-dynamics
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 09-26-2017 at 08:54 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Thank you again for the information!

7. Member
    I think all of your images are awesome!!