Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Double checking Cougar FTD order plan

Can I please get some feedback on possible misses or changes to this 2018 Cougar FTD order. It will have a 250 SHO. Thank you!

Minn Kota Fortrex 112

Helix 7 DI GPS
    Helix 12 SI Mega Chirp GPS
    Radiance Package
    Reverse Console

Dual Console
    LED Back Up Light 2
    Prowler & General Wheel Tires
    Trailer Grab Post & Step
    Triple Clear coat
    Hummingbird Ethernet Cable

XDCR Shield Front DI
    XDCR Shield Rear SI
    Yamaha Command Link Gauge
    Yamaha Command Link Small WP
    Minn Kota 440 4Bank w tray

Hamby Bow Protector

Hot Foot Wslide
    Atlas Jack Plate w gauge
    KMC10 Media Center with speakers

Pro Trim Dual
    8 FT Blade Power Pole 2
    Front Switch for Power Pole

Aluminum trailer and ultrex IMO

3. Member
    Possibly a 9 or 10 up front? Padded deck?

4. Member
    Ultrex and different brand battery charger. I went through 3 MK chargers in the first year on my previous boat (Skeeter).

5. Member
    I have been debating the Ultrex. How have you used it to your advantage? I fish mostly shallow water. Thanks

6. Member
    I have debated a 9 up front. On the fence. How is space with the minn Kota and a 9, side by side. I prefer not to raise it up higher as I pitch a lot there and have a tendency to throw right over the electronics. Thanks!

7. Member
    Thanks for the tip on the battery charger. What do you recommend? I'm concerned about hitting stumps with the ultrex. I fish a lot of shallow stump infested waters. I haven't completely ruled it out though

8. Member
    Maxdm12 - I would also vote to go to a 9" graph up front. As far as a battery charger goes I would like to have put the Stealth charger in mine and I will if I have to ever change this one out. Maybe the padded deck as well...don't know how nice that option is as I have never stepped on one but it sure sounds good. By the way, where in La are you located? I'm running a 2017 Eyra up in Shreveport if you ever have any questions.
    Tony D

9. Member
    Padded deck is easier on my legs and feet.

10. Member
    Thanks. Do I need a ram mount to raise up a 9". I guess there are mounts that would allow me to lower it when flipping? The charger feedback was something I am hearing for the first time so I need to figure that out. Padded deck I have had before. Nice to have. I live outside of Haughton, closer to Barksdale and the Air Force base area.

11. Member
    Looks like a great order plan. I did the Ultrex and a 10" front graph. (9" & 10" use same housing) I should pick-up my Eyra next month. Will post pics then. I heard the MK charger was the better choice.
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

12. Member
    Mine came from the factory on a ram mount. I think they do that automatically. It also came with the MK charger and it is working just fine but I have always been curious on how much stronger the batteries would be at the end of the day with a Stealth.

13. Member
    My 2016 Puma has a NOCO charger, but if I had my choices, I would have a Dual Pro. I have had several with no issues. Also no issue with the NOCO in the first year.
    9" on a ram mount up front is not in the way at all. I can send a photo if you want to see mine.
    I don't have a ultrex yet, but have heard good things from local guys around here, so on my upgrade list.

14. Member
    The MK PC series chargers are good chargers. The only model that had a known problem was the 4 bank 15 amp/bank PC 460. It was a software glitch that MK became aware of some time ago and likely has since remedied. Some of the difficulties with MK chargers have been user error where owners did not read the manual and used the incorrect gauge/length of extension cord. I would not hesitate at all to have one of their PC series.

They are also one of the few on board chargers approved by Odyssey for their very high quality AGM battery, which, to me, is a statement on its own.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

A KMC 10 should have Kicker speakers. If you left anything off then that's something we wouldn't know as it your choices.

You might bump the Helix 7 to a Helix 9?

16. Member
    Maxdm12 - I can send you a pic of what my graph up front looks like on the ram mount if you want or you are welcome to crawl all over it on Saturday at Cross after the BOSS championship.

17. Member
    Texlacat, I would appreciate a picture. My email is pewebb28@aol.com. Good luck on Cross. I'm tied up with work but will be there Sunday letting someone test ride my boat. I haven't been on Cross in awhile.

18. Member
    Thanks for the information. Clearly they are my choices. The implication was in the opinion of others here as experienced fishermen would there be something they would add or change if it were their boat. I can ask questions or sort through what may be relevant to my needs.

19. Member
    Paul, I will email you the pic tomorrow evening.

20. Member
    Thank you Texlacat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast