Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    If you're at all on the fence regarding a center seat instead of the step box, order the seat installed. I prefer the fold up seat and it was a chore installing it on my 11 puma. To me that coin/step box was useless and quite frankly looks like an afterthought. Of course I have 3 people in my boat quite often.

2. Member
    Thx. I have the box on my current boat and tend to throw wallet, keys, phone and a few baits in there. So I do use it but agree I am not fond of the look of it either. Thanks for the thoughts

3. Banned
    Ultrex?

4. Member
    9's or bigger..$ well spent...ultrex w spot lock. IMO

5. Member
    Paul, do a lot of research on the Ultrex before you go that route. They may have made some changes to them but I talked to a guy earlier this year who fishes around here and he had already broken 2 of them in less than 3 months by hitting stumps. I think it would be a great addition to have if they will hold up. The other thing to think about is how they maintain their positioning. If it has to constantly adjust and spin the prop and you are fishing our typical shallow water it may disturb the fish.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texlacat View Post
    Paul, do a lot of research on the Ultrex before you go that route. They may have made some changes to them but I talked to a guy earlier this year who fishes around here and he had already broken 2 of them in less than 3 months by hitting stumps. I think it would be a great addition to have if they will hold up. The other thing to think about is how they maintain their positioning. If it has to constantly adjust and spin the prop and you are fishing our typical shallow water it may disturb the fish.
    I was a Marshal the BASS Master Elite event on Cherokee this year, and day two I went out with John Crews. His first spot he was shallow cranking. The boat was in about 4 feet of water, and he would use spot lock to hold position. There was only 2 to 4 mph of wind, so the trolling motor wasn't working that hard. John told me, that he noticed the spot lock on the ultrex was more quite than using the power poles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12