Thread: charger 176

charger 176

Hi,I have a buddy looking at a smaller boat and this one looks intriguing but there is like nothing out there on this boat. I have some questions as he is in Chicago and Marty's marine in the ozarks is probably the closest dealer.1) Can this boat be ordered with a c channel trailer instead of a tube, and are the specs on charger's website accurate that with the tongue open the storage length is 19,8?2) are there no storage boxes on the back deck? hard to tell in pictures.3) is there storage under the seats?4) Can a helix 7 be flush mounted or does it have to be ram mounted both at the console and bow?5) it say's a 4 inch jack plate is standard, is this a slide master or just a built in fiberglass set back in the hull?Finally is there a brochure or something more up to date than the 2006 one here or the website which leaves a lot to be desired. He is shopping against a margay or maybe a sabre.Let me know if I am missing something that is out there that might provide more info.thanks

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The 186 is a lot wider boat.176 is very small compared to today's standards,but if you want a smaller rig than the 176 is the boat.

3. Banned
    As far as I know it is setup like my 186 someone will come along and correct me. Storage is under the seats and forward nothing on the back deck except livewells and lids to the bilge area. The trailer I'm not 100% about but since they will build anything else how you want it I would bet you could get any type trailer you want. Mine is tube and have had zero issues with it. The 4" jack plate comes with the boat it is not part of the set-back that is built into the hull. Under the drivers and passenger seats is storage with the ice chest in the middle. Not sure about the dash but I'm sure they can build it how he wants.

4. Banned
    My boat before this 186 was a Swift it had rear storage that I grew to dislike. If you fish with the same person all the time and they can leave their gear in your boat is all it is good for. During a tournament you don't want to be digging into a rear box while your partner is throwing around sharp hooks. I stopped using mine for storage then they seemed to become trash cans which bothered me. So I just locked them and left them locked.

The 17'6 is one of the most fun driving rigs Chargers ever made. Sporty and quick with a 1 fitty.