USA Remember the Titans

Great movie. Great story. Greater meaning!

Look what Herman Boone himself had to say a couple weeks ago.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/sep/1...-trust-are-wh/

2. Member
    Hi Mike.

3. Member
    Great movie. Denzel is an awesome actor.

I rode in a new titan xd today. Id say its a good compromise if you think you want a diesel but dont want to drop the coin on a big 3/4 ton.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

Great movie

7. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Bill Yost was one of HighSchool coaches b fore TC Williams was built. While the movie is entertaining its wrong in many, many ways.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobh4656 View Post
    Bill Yost was one of HighSchool coaches b fore TC Williams was built. While the movie is entertaining its wrong in many, many ways.
    are to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh4656 View Post
    Although I'm certain the story was spruced up some it doesn't take away from the meaning

The movie does tell that Bill Yost was a head coach at a high school in the area

11. Member
    I went to TC Williams, 20 years after the time period of the film. Had Boone for gym twice and Yoast for drivers ed. I really liked Yoast, the drivers ed course was the last class he taught before retirement.

12. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    School intergration had already started in Alexandrian in the early 1960's. I remember it well. We had about 7 Black students start school. There was no racial trouble etc. Those kids just went to classes like the rest of did.
    T.C.Williams in the beginning was not the traditional Four year high school. I believe it was only Juniors and Seniors for the first year or two. As such they had the best football players in the entire city of Alexandria vs other schools that had more than one High School in their city or county.
    Bill Yost had Three Daughters at the time although the movie depicted only one.
    There was no TV high school ball games televised to my knowledge.
    Gerry Bertier was a good friend of my cousin after his playing days. His car accident was due to DWI and nothing else. He would later die from a DWI driver.

An interesting side fact. Coach Yost got a call not long after the movie came out... perhaps 2-3 three months after.
    It was a young lady on the phone explaining that all her life she heard his name mentioned but didn't know why. As it turned out she was his Daughter from his first marriage that was anulled! Bill went to Korea during the war and his new bride wrote him a Dear John letter.
    He never heard from his Ex again nor knew she was with child. Possible she didn't know either when she asked for the annulment.
    So he called his other daughters and explained that they had a new half sister! Odd how life goes.

13. Member
    One of my most favorite movies. I watch it allot...my boys (10 and 13) really like to watch it as well.