Thread: Va c and p exam

Va c and p exam

Does anyone know about how long after you've had one of these before you hear something from them

2. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Larry, I'm not sure what a c&p exam is. If your talking about an exam for a disability my friend just got his rating in three months. Mine took 18 months, that was several years ago.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

3. Member
    Thanks Don. I'm not sure myself because I had a hearing test done at the va back in February and 3 weeks ago I get a letter from Veterns evaluation services to go elsewhere for another rest I guess. They have my hearing test when I went in showing it was good in 1973 and another test showing it was bad when I had got out

4. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Hearing should get you a disability. When I took my hearing test the Dr. said "why do you thin k you lost your hearing" I answered with one word "gunfire" you should of seen her face. Chose your words wisely and carefully when you talk to these people. Every word will be recorded into you file. Good luck with it.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

5. Member
    Very true! Don't underestimate the lengths they will go to just to deny your claim. I was offered a buy out, and turned it down, after that every exam dropped my disability by 10 percent. Eventually I had no choice but to accept a buy out.

Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Hearing should get you a disability. When I took my hearing test the Dr. said "why do you thin k you lost your hearing" I answered with one word "gunfire" you should of seen her face. Chose your words wisely and carefully when you talk to these people. Every word will be recorded into you file. Good luck with it.
    ABSOLUTELY !! Choose your words very carefully !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

7. Member
    I think the timeline depends on the area you file.
    I did it with Birmingham last year and 48 hours after my exam, I got a phone call from a lady explaining all my VA benefits to me. It was really awkward because I didn't even have word that my claim was approved yet, so afterwards she transferred me to confirm it was approved.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

8. Member
    Just got a call today they only gave 10 percent for the ringing but did say my hearing loss is the military's fault but not enough yet to warrant any more disability. I have ringing for all these years I wish I had known this back then. Thanks to all that answered

9. Member
    good for you.
    David Latham