Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Line for crankbaits?

Alright everyone, so over the past few years I have used nothing but invizx for a lot of my fishing with little problems. This year however I have had nothing but problems. Line breaking in random spots, breaking on hook set. At first I said it was just the cover rubbing on it, or older line. But I started changing it regularly and checking my line constantly between casts with same problem. So recently I was throwing bandit 100 and 200 around laydowns along the bank. I had my line break twice on fish. Once on cast. And almost every cast it came back frayed. I was using 12lb. Now I will be going to 15 but also think I want to try something new. New company, or braid? Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

2. Member
    I've had great luck with Sunline FC Sniper.

I like regular old Trilene XT personally. 10 lb test. Cheap, strong, good stretch to keep them buttoned.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Member
    I have had the same problem with Suffix and Vanish this year. My buddies sware by P line and Seagur so I am going to try some out. I am going ti run all braid with 10' flouro leaders.

Have you checked your guides for nicks? I've used Seaguar Red Label and InvisX for cranking with little problems

6. Member
    Yes I have. This doesn't happen with just one or two rods. It has happened now on the majority of my rods
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

Another vote Sniper FC. Absolutely best line I've found for crankbaits. Usually 12# for mid to deep, 14# or 16# for shallow and squarebills. Smaller diameter than most. The only fluoro I use period.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

8. Member
    Yozuri Hybrid

9. Banned
    I currently run seagaur abrazx and I've used and like sunline reaction FC. Generally anything from 10# to 15# depending on cover.

For fishing deep diving crankbaits, it's hard to beat Izorline Platinum in 10 pound test. When fishing shallower crankbaits around cover, I go with 12 pound test Izorline Platinum. Izorline is very reasonably priced, highly abrasion resistant, and has little stretch. And, being a copolymer, it lasts a long time on the shelf without deteriorating. You can buy it at Tackle Warehouse.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

15# PP braid with three foot 12# flouro leader. Medium cranking rod to take out some shock.

12. Member
    Jakeups88 having the same issues with 2 rolls of invisx 12 lb this year on different setups.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBass94 View Post
    I've had great luck with Sunline FC Sniper.
    X2

14. Member
    Well on one setup I am going with the 15invizx and one my other I ordered the new sunlinencrank line.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

15. Member
    I use trilene big game for almost all my cranks from square bill to deep diver to chatter baits to spinnerbaits.. I think the stretch help more hook ups.. kinda like frog fishing you need a little delay to set hook...

16. Member
    Sunline Sniper is excellent, but last year I tried the Sunline Super Natural Mono and REALLY like it. I was using Sniper #12 and went to the #10 mono and was very pleased and it's cheaper. In fact, on just about all my "moving" baits(except jerkbaits) I have pretty much converted to mono. Just fewer issues.

17. Banned
    Sensation. 10 and 12. Just me

18. Lunker hunter
    I've used Pline Fluoro nearly exclusively for 20 years. It works great. Palomar knot no problem. It has more memory than some of the newer fluoros but I keep it sprayed down with KVD and have no problems. Sunline sniper would be my second choice if I had to make one.

19. Banned
    Tatsu is the only floro Im using now. Ive spooled up conditioned and tried others at the same time same brand reels etc. big difference and worth while by far

20. Member
    10lb P line CXX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast