Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm ready as well. It started here in the Twin Cities with tons of big fish moving shallow last Sunday, then the clock got turned back by our recent stupid weather in the 80s all week with low- to mid-90s through yesterday. Was only out for two hours and had a 5 fish 16 lb limit in 67 degree water last Sunday morning. Went back to the same lake yesterday with a buddy and we probably would've had the same sized limit, but it took a lot longer and wasn't nearly as easy with fish just scattered all over. The water was 77 degrees when we left.

We had a hell of a front come through last night though, so we're headed back for normal!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

2. Banned
    Heading to Canada this fall for a week. I'm glad we didn't book the trip for this week. To hot for this time of the year. Even up there ( about 60 miles North of Kingston Ontario) It's been pretty hot from what I've been seeing. Come on Fall.

3. Member
    give me 36 to 43 degree water and some giant river smallmouths!
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

4. Member
    Fall and winter has been better to me then spring and summer for some reason the past several years. I can't wait for some cooler weather.

5. Moderator
    Fall fishing is awesome. It's when the big girls come to play.

I like it for other reasons than most here - the cool weather gets the big crappie, yellow perch and trout fired up. Still get decent bass, but light tackle will always be with me.
    Ranting incoherently

7. Member
    I'm more than ready for fall but it's not here in NC quite yet. Wednesday is supposed to be 90 then Saturday is supposed to be a high of 71!

8. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    92 air temp yesterday with 82-85 water... Had a decent day, regardless, and cooler/less humid air is forecast toward the end of the week.

I've been ready for Fall (the best time of year) since May.
    Who controls John Gill?

Ready for the Fall fishing too!!!

Love fall crisp mornings and warm days with water about 52-60 here seem to be the magic days. Son fished a tournament on Barren River lake Saturday and said water temps were 87*. Crazy warm for this time of year.

90s for last week here. 90 forecast for tomorrow but then dropping to the 70s like its supposed to be. I'm ready for some fall fishing.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I'm ready as well. It started here in the Twin Cities with tons of big fish moving shallow last Sunday, then the clock got turned back by our recent stupid weather in the 80s all week with low- to mid-90s through yesterday. Was only out for two hours and had a 5 fish 16 lb limit in 67 degree water last Sunday morning. Went back to the same lake yesterday with a buddy and we probably would've had the same sized limit, but it took a lot longer and wasn't nearly as easy with fish just scattered all over. The water was 77 degrees when we left.

We had a hell of a front come through last night though, so we're headed back for normal!
    Same in WI. Had a great day a week and a half ago with 68 deg water. Saturday, the same lake was 79.6 and the fish were confused.... .or maybe it was just me
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Here in New Hampshire, water temps waaaaay too warm @ 70 to 72 today...

14. Member
    Water temps in the Detroit metro area (Belleville) went from 71 to 78 degrees with this stupid warming trend.

Can't wait for some October smallies! Put away the plastics. Jerks, rattlebaits, spoons & hair jigs rule. Love that fast, open water fishing.

Temps here are supposed to drop Wednesday/Thursday. Needs two weeks to cool down.

15. Member
    My two buddies have been camped and fishing for two weeks. They have been sweating. I am recovering from triple bypass heart surgery 7 weeks ago. I hope to pull camper trailer and boat to the lake this Sunday. We'll see.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    For as long as I have fished I have always enjoyed fall fishing the best. Some say its a tough time to get bit but it seems I have a lot of my better days in the fall. Love it when you get on the water and need a hoodie to stay warm. Something about fall and that chill in the air I truly enjoy.
    It's my best of the year also .

Fall is calving season for us so I don't get to fish as much as I'd like, but some of the best numbers days I've ever had have been in the fall. They'll stack up like crazy in certain areas. Fun power fishing too, cranks, lipless, spinnerbaits, top water, swim jigs etc...

18. Member
    Hot here this week, but shad are starting to move back in the creeks already.

19. Member
    Fall fishing, I love it! The leaves changing color and white bass fishing

Late october to early march is my absolute favorite time to be on the water. Bundle up, throw on the 100mph winds and get after it. Hard to beat a good shad kill too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12