Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar

350 Vrod Info Request

I am looking at a used 2017 boat with a 350 Vrod. Interested in thoughts about the performance and reliability of the new engine. It is my understanding that the 225 through 300 is the same engine with computer changes internally. Is the 350 also the same as these also.

I currently have a Merc 150 4s and love it, so wanting to see if I should expect the same trouble free engine as what I have now.

Thanks for the input.

I have a 2017 350. Different intake and bigger injectors is what I remember. Strong and so far reliable with 60 hours. I'd recommend.

i believe the 200 to 400 are the same block, different parts and computer programs. the thing is sweet, the standard 350 has an offshore gearcase that is 5 times stronger than the gearcase they put on the 350r
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Here's a great article on the changes Mercury made to the standard Verado to get them to 350 and 400 HP.

http://www.boatingmag.com/mercury-ma...g-400r#page-13

I absolutely love my VROD 350. TONS of power right from top to bottom, very smooth, VERY quiet, and as long as you aren't running at WOT, reasonably fuel efficient. It's the end of my second season with it, and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

The offshore gearcase is absolutely bulletproof and gives you the same 1.75-1 ratio as the 200-300 Pros which is nice when comparing props. It also has excellent water pickup, which lets you run it nice and high.

All Verados run better on premium fuel, so the only real downside to the 350 in my opinion is having to run the SSR-HD solid hub. It's nice and smooth, but it's always in the back of my mind that ANY impact is going to be REALLY pricey.

Waxy

5. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Thanks guys for the info. Ended up buying a boat with a 300 Vrod. Break-in starts next weekend