Thread: Viper Coral 202

Viper Coral 202

Hi guys, new to the forum. Recently picked up my first boat. Its a 1998 Viper Coral 202 with an Evinrude Etec 225 HO. I bought it off my brother in law. Boat is in pretty good shape minus some wear items like carpet and the backrests on the bow. I will need to do some windshield work as well, specifically the passenger side glass piece is straight, but the frame curves. Right now the glass is partially in the frame. It looks like the original glass so im not sure why it wouldnt just pop back in. Should i take the frame apart and reseat it? The glass doesnt seem to want to go back in. You can kind of see in the picture its pushing the weather stripping out of the frame. You can also see how the gap between the glass and corner plexi gets wider. Also, i am needing something for that gap on both sides, any recommendations? The driver one is a small aluminum i beam looking piece, but its broken at one end.
    See the picture for detail, i can upload a better one if needed. 2017-09-24 23.07.30.jpg

Hi, welcome to the board.
    Congrats on the new boat. Vipers are sought after.

On the glass, I'm not sure I understand the issue or see it in the picture. But when we got our boat the seal had come out of a section of glass, and I just removed the frame and re-seated it. If you need parts, you might be able to contact the glass manufacturer. Water Bonnet makes most all the walk thru windshields. Good luck.

3. Member
    The main (3) glass pieces of the windshield are flat glass and there should be a straight section on the bottom aluminum channel for it to fit into. Your center post (with the hinge for the center section & black support brace) maybe out of square & pushing the glass piece too far out. You should look closely at the frame for any issues and reset the glass into the rubber gasket & frame piece. There should be a black plastic channel strip between the main glass & the curved Plexiglas piece. If all the parts are original and the frame is still mounted in its original location, it should all go back together right.
    AlanW
    2000 Viper Coral 191
    Mercury 200 EFI
    12" Slidemaster
    25" Tempest Plus

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I found out the driver side is not mounted in the original location, its actually about 1/4th an inch back and the middle walk through piece does not align. The passenger side seems ok, but the flat front glass piece doesnt fit into the lower frame as it curves slightly. I will have to get a better picture. Come spring i am going to mount the driver side in the old location and use washers on the back side of the old mounting holes if possible to hold it in place. The rest of the boat is in pretty good shape, it mostly needs some cosmetic items. I have already reupholstered two panels. Looking forward to spring so i can get out on the water with it.