Tried something new today

I have a habit of staying in an area to long, it's not unusual for me to fish an entire cove before leaving to try other areas. So, I downloaded an interval timer app. Set it up for 20 minutes of fishing, then 12 minutes to find another spot. I kinda enjoyed the challenge of fishing faster and hitting the obvious spots then moving on. I'm sure this is nothing new for you tournament anglers, but for me, being a strictly recreational fisherman, it was a nice change of pace.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    I kind of did the same today but without an app. I'm notorious for being a SLOW fisherman and not covering much ground, you should see me with a C-rig I bet you'd be asleep before I got one cast in. I'm so bad about looking down the bank and seeing something I want to hit up when I get there but getting there takes hours! Today I was totally out of character and did run and gun from pocket to pocket. The first one i spent my normal hour or more and caught some SM but left it and hit several others and wound up catching all SM today with the exception of one Sport.

3. Member
    I recreational fish and tournament fish. One of the hardest decisions when tournament fishing is whether to stay or move, not so much when fishing for fun, and I'd like to keep it that way. I sing when tournament fishing to take some tension off, most time I sing "I'm the Crankbait Man" an original song and sometimes:

Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    I have a habit of staying in an area to long, it's not unusual for me to fish an entire cove before leaving to try other areas. So, I downloaded an interval timer app. Set it up for 20 minutes of fishing, then 12 minutes to find another spot. I kinda enjoyed the challenge of fishing faster and hitting the obvious spots then moving on. I'm sure this is nothing new for you tournament anglers, but for me, being a strictly recreational fisherman, it was a nice change of pace.
    So,how did you do compared to your normal way?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I recreational fish and tournament fish. One of the hardest decisions when tournament fishing is whether to stay or move, not so much when fishing for fun, and I'd like to keep it that way. I sing when tournament fishing to take some tension off, most time I sing "I'm the Crankbait Man" an original song and sometimes:
    Lol. It's "riders on the storm" for us

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwschamp View Post
    So,how did you do compared to your normal way?
    3 fish on 3 different techniques. The lake I was fishing is not a very good one, especially if the Corp is not pulling water, not to mention the fish are transitioning. One caught skipping a jig under a dock, #2 caught on a spinnerbait, (I think I threw it in his mouth), and #3 flipping. The main thing for me though, is I hit about 15 spots, as opposed to 3 or 4.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO