Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone Have a camper that stays in same place

I keep mine in East Tenn. on watts bar lake full time and use it as cabin , its at Cherokee Point campground . I have use of a boat house and lift at my brothers house just down the road . This is for long weekends etc. , I live near Atlanta and come up quite often , was wondering if others on here did this . I like this setup because its a lot easier to keep up than a second house ( I'm old).

2. Member
    I have been a permanent camper on Chautauqua for years. I previously owned fifth wheels, I now own a Kropf Park Model.

Love doing this. 90% of the campground are also seasonal, therefore we have developed some great friendships with many.
    Real estate taxes here in NY make owning cottages really expensive. So having a permanent campsite is a great option. I open and closing camp fishing for steelhead and fish for bass all summer. Wineries are everywhere too. Make sure you really like the area you plan to camp at. Look at Park Models too. They are great values Vs fifth wheels and they off more sq footage as well. Good luck.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

Quote Originally Posted by Chautauquanuy View Post
    I have been a permanent camper on Chautauqua for years. I previously owned fifth wheels, I now own a Kropf Park Model.

Love doing this. 90% of the campground are also seasonal, therefore we have developed some great friendships with many.
    Real estate taxes here in NY make owning cottages really expensive. So having a permanent campsite is a great option. I open and closing camp fishing for steelhead and fish for bass all summer. Wineries are everywhere too. Make sure you really like the area you plan to camp at. Look at Park Models too. They are great values Vs fifth wheels and they off more sq footage as well. Good luck.
    My camp spot is only available for 12 month renters ( but you can't live there ) , and its a neat bunch of people .

4. Member
    I have a TT at KY Lake year round and love it.

5. Member
    mine is on the susgehanna river in pa. use it for fishing and hunting and getting away from the wife at times

6. Member
    I do the same thing on Guntersville.

7. Banned
    There is nothing wrong with having a camper on a lake. Beats paying a fortune for a house.

We keep a camper in a member owned campground in the NE Georgia mountains. Lake Burton and Chatuge Lakes are 20 minutes where Lake Lanier and Nottley Lakes are 30 minutes away.

We also have a lake house across town on Wilson Lake. For the price of an average house here, you could be driving a used Prevost Class.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    There is nothing wrong with having a camper on a lake. Beats paying a fortune for a house.

We keep a camper in a member owned campground in the NE Georgia mountains. Lake Burton and Chatuge Lakes are 20 minutes where Lake Lanier and Nottley Lakes are 30 minutes away.

We also have a lake house across town on Wilson Lake. For the price of an average house here, you could be driving a used Prevost Class.A.
    Ive had a lake house but I have more time and enjoy my camper more .

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I keep mine in East Tenn. on watts bar lake full time and use it as cabin , its at Cherokee Point campground . I have use of a boat house and lift at my brothers house just down the road . This is for long weekends etc. , I live near Atlanta and come up quite often , was wondering if others on here did this . I like this setup because its a lot easier to keep up than a second house ( I'm old).
    After a couple of years of hauling my camper all over the place, we finally decided to become seasonal campers at the campsite I grew up on during the summers of my youth :) So much easier to just show up as we want and just open the water, propane and you're good to go. Having to park, level, set up and take everything down to leave got old REAL fast for us.

Dan

10. Member
    My family and I keep our 5th wheel at a campground on the Rappahanock river year round. Absolutely love it; pull up open it up, turn on the water and done. Even have a deck with a gazebo and patio furniture. The only thing I’m not loving is the price for the spot, keeps going up each year.
    1999 Triton TR 21
    Colonial Beach, VA

11. Member
    We bought a 31' camper on Lake Greenwood here in SC . Corner lot in campground . Boat ramp across street . Camper is under awning and got storage building out back . Love it .

12. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I have a 30 foot 5th wheel on a permanent spot at lake Shelbyville 45 minutes from home. I have had the spot for over 25years with several different campers on the spot. Now that I'm retired, I spend several days a week there fishing. Love it

Dale Sinclair original

13. Member
    We have a 5th wheel on ky lake with a 16x24 deck.
    The deck is a great place to enjoy some quite time and a cold beer.
    I will say that this will be the last year for the camper as we will be building a new lake home in the summer.
    Will be putting the camper up for sale in the near future.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

14. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I have a 38' destination trailer on Ky lake 24x12 deck 30' off the water.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

15. Member
    I have one at Toledo Bend. Put a cover over it and a place for the boat and you are good for a long time.

16. Member
    I became a permanent camper on Lake of the Ozarks last year......Love it!
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

17. Goby King
    I've had a permanent site in Erie for 15 years. Started with a 21' and now have a 32'. It developed a roof leak in 2012. We couldn't find it, so in 2014 we had a 16'x32' pavilion built over it. No more roof leak and the camper stays cooler in the summer!

18. Member
    We keep our camper at the lake year round on Tenkiller, great folks and the people who own the place live on site, they know who belongs there and who doesn't
    Last edited by ba3darcher; 05-10-2018 at 03:08 PM.

19. Member
    We have a 40 ft park modei on the banks of the Mississippi River near Prairie du Chien Ws. My son also have trailers there and several people that I went to high school with. So a lot of good long time friends.

20. Member
    Grew up in a campground on Lake Conroe. Place was new so all of us boys helped dig the trenches for water electric etc.. still had to haul the honey pot up to the dump though. We had 2 sites, my uncle had 2 on one side my sister and bil had one on the other side and his dad had one. We had a small camper and a old truck camper for us kids to sleep in. We had a shed with a freezer that was always full of crappie. I have a LOT of good memories from the 5 years we were there. Seems like in the summer someone was always on vacation and we all just stayed with whoever’s partents were there. Took my wife by there this summer, it’s been probably 30 years since I’ve been by, it’s all million dollar homes and lots of BIG boats now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast