Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

Anyone have a camper that satys in same place

I have 1952 Rv 28 ft at local lake in Ne Ohio. Its a weekend camp, but when I purchased it 33 yrs ago, I would only use during the week. He agreed, I own the RV, but pay rent but alone with that is a boat dock. I have 12 by 16 screen porch with deck and roof over the rv. Its my man cave, wife only uses it when the grandkids want to fish. You do have to put up with critters. I do my best to keep it clean and them under control. I use this now as much as I do boating and fishing. I envy some of where you have your campers esp in Guntersville, Al and Lake Greenwood in SC, and Lake Erie, damn that's a great lake to fish when the wind is not blowing at 20-30mph.
    Last edited by coach76; 01-13-2018 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GPGambler View Post
    I became a permanent camper on Lake of the Ozarks last year......Love it!
    On your own lot or in a campground?

3. Member
    We stay at Scottsboro year round .Can't live there but 5th wheel stays set up . Open the door you camping only way to go
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

4. Member
    I've been thinking about buying a couple of acres and instead of building a house get a nice camper and park it on the property. Just have a septic tank with leach field installed. If we love it enough then we can build a house when we retire and keep the camper as a "guest house".

I just got a 24' Coachmen Catalina I'll be keeping full time down at Goose Creek lake.

6. Member
    We have a lot on Larto lake with a private launch and pier . I keep a 39 ft park model parked under a canopy with a nice leanto patio roof on it . Also a boat garage where the boat stays full time . I used to pull my fifth wheel up there every time we would go but I use it for work a lot so we bought the park model and leave it there . So much nicer now

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

7. Member
    We have a Keystone Montana parked on Santee Cooper / Lake Marion at Rocks Pond Campground. We stay a couple of weekends a month and holidays. We love it!! Full length deck with aluminum roof!!!

8. Member
    Have a 36 footer parked 2 minutes from a boat ramp at Lake Richard B Russell at Sunset Ridge Campgrounds just outside of Elberton, Ga....45 minutes to Lake Hartwell, 15 minutes to Clarks Hill Lake. It went straight from the dealership to the lake...never even bothered to renew the tag...Its been there since 2014. We had a different smaller camper before and have stayed consecutively there for almost 6 years now....Great camp host with a very watchful eye, pool, bathhouse, laundry, ice by the bag, fish cleaning station, and horse shoe pits. During spring and summer and fall we leave our boat there on site at no additional charge...and no vandalism issues what so ever.... $65.00 per month and $20.00 bucks a night for full hookup...never move it! Camp rules allow one refrigerator to stay on so condiments and left over beers stay cold! We sold our second home on Lake Istakpoga in Florida just last year..what a pain in the butt it became...

Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Have a 36 footer parked 2 minutes from a boat ramp at Lake Richard B Russell at Sunset Ridge Campgrounds just outside of Elberton, Ga....45 minutes to Lake Hartwell, 15 minutes to Clarks Hill Lake. It went straight from the dealership to the lake...never even bothered to renew the tag...Its been there since 2014. We had a different smaller camper before and have stayed consecutively there for almost 6 years now....Great camp host with a very watchful eye, pool, bathhouse, laundry, ice by the bag, fish cleaning station, and horse shoe pits. During spring and summer and fall we leave our boat there on site at no additional charge...and no vandalism issues what so ever.... $65.00 per month and $20.00 bucks a night for full hookup...never move it! Camp rules allow one refrigerator to stay on so condiments and left over beers stay cold! We sold our second home on Lake Istakpoga in Florida just last year..what a pain in the butt it became...
    Yes !!!

I'm headed to the lake tomorrow morning to get camper unwinterized , hopefully no problems

11. Member
    I am rather impatiently waiting for the darn rain to stop! The water temp is up to 57 degrees and the crappie are starting to stage up!

12. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    We did it for ten years and loved it. N ice campground in the NW hills of CT. Went just about every weekend. Kids got older and you know how that goes. I bought the trailer new, pulled it to the spot and parked it. When I sold it I got what I paid for it.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    We stay at Scottsboro year round .Can't live there but 5th wheel stays set up . Open the door you camping only way to go
    i keep mine in Scottsboro as well at Jackson Co Park year round

2005 TR21X DC
    2005 E-Tec 225HO
    75.7 MPH GPS Full Tourney Load 3/4 tank of fuel

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geobass View Post
    On your own lot or in a campground?
    Sorry I didn't read this until now, its in a small campground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12