Places to stay around guntersville

Planning to go to guntersville in a few weeks with my wife to fish for a few days during the week. Any suggestions on a good safe to stay either on or close to the lake. Any fishing tips would be appreciated also.

2. Member
    I'm going down in November booked my trip yesterday on airbnb, everything was super easy and there is reviews on every place so can read up on other peoples stays. me and my girlfriend are staying in a small house in the country and it was only $290 for 4 nights.

3. Member
    We went a few weeks ago and stayed at the lodge. We liked it. If you go to the lodge make sure you have what you need or want. It's a hike back to town and only place to eat is their restaurant. The food is good the bar is good. The view is awesome. My only complaint I didn't like in hooking from my boat at night. If you stay there park your boat on the line of the parking spot or someone will park beside you and you can't get the boat out. But during the week I don't see a issue.

4. Banned
    Guntersville State Park lodge was refurbished 2 years ago.

The Windham is the old Holiday Inn and it has also been refurbished. Just make sure you get a lake side room as heavy trucks starting off from a red light interrupt sleep. They have a big boat dock tie up to.

Hampton Inn also has a dock down the hill, but I wouldn't want to leave the boat there overnight.

See Booking.com for accommodations for both Guntersville and Scottsboro.

I have a buddy that has a couple of houses he has split up into apartment like rooms just for the fisherman but nice enough to bring the wife along as well if your interested, seconds from the water. His Name is Benji and his number is 256-575-9594 Tell him Robbie mayton sent you

And I will add,nice neighborhood and safe place for your boat!!!!!!

7. Member
    Thanks, I will most likely call him when I get the definite days planned.

8. Member
    Check out Kudzu Kove cabins. Really nice. Never had a problem with people bothering the boat.

I really enjoyed the lodge when I was there for the ABT the past spring.. State Park lodge has everything you need there, bar,Restaurant, fantastic view and a ramp at the bottom of the hill... but if I was going with Amber I may want to stay in one of the cabins at Kudzu cove or over by Waterfront... Can't remember the name of those but if you'll call waterfront grocery I think they belong to them... They rent thru there I think..If not they got the number... Right there in the highway...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

10. Member
    Go to VRBO, and book a house. Its cheaper, and security is better than a motel.

11. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    I have not been to G-ville in 3 years now, but when we did we would stay at "Thefishinhole". I am not sure if they are still renting, but If they are it was worth the $150 per night. Jack and his wife are the best. We went 6 years in a row and wish we could find time to make the trip again. Maybe next year
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX