Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    I have a Keystone Outback 28RSS. We have had it for 5 years, 2nd owners and no fit and finish problems. At some point we are going to get one with an actual bedroom for us as this one has the rear slide out for the queen bed. 2 bunks up front and the small slide with couch only, not the super slide.

2. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    As of late, RV trailer manufacturing has been consolidated, brand names are being purchased by the few big conglomerates, and there have been lots of changes. For example, I have a 2017 Cameo (a brand purchased by Thor) but it was made in the Redwood plant and practically a Redwood with different stickers. It is not the "Cameo" that existed 10 years ago. Quality has been an issue for years because of the unskilled labor force used to build the units as fast as possible down an assembly line. The RV industry is not well known for quality as a whole, using cheap, imported Chinese components, and undercarriages that are marginal. My dealer has dropped several brands due to lack of warranty payments for repairs, difficulty with getting the factory to support them and their customers, and manufacturers making changes that cheapen the units.

3. Member
    Your biggest concern, in my opinion, are the axles and suspension. If you can get a unit with Morryde already on board, that tells you you're looking at a good unit.

The suspensions are an often overlooked item. Does it have Dexter axles, or lippert axles? (id prefer dexter axles) Are the axles beefier or wimpy for the weight of the trailer? Mor Ryde or not? Shocks or not?

Other commonly overlooked items are "not enough air conditioner", single pane windows vs dual pane windows... things you might not know to ask about.

Dealers never order for their lot with the MOST options you could get when ordering yourself... so be sure to look at a build sheet as if you were going to custom order a unit, and that will alert you to what's available that you COULD have, that your dealers unit does NOT have.

Also, if the salesman say it.. whatever he says.. is likely a fib, white lie, stretch of the truth...

And for me, I'd be highly interested in Forest River offerings. And if I were interested in Forest river, I would most CERTAINLY be interested in Couchs RV Nation... and I would drive cross country to pick up if I didn't live nearby. https://www.couchsrvnation.com/fores...er%22%5D%7D%7D

The thing about forest river are those FROG rally's.. where they have techs on site and fix darn near anything you need. Plus, they are good units to start with.

Don't forget to visit owner forums and also IRV2.com .. lots of info out there.

Consquently, grand design was started by some ex keystone employees.. interesting the similarities...
    Last edited by plasma800; 11-28-2017 at 11:08 AM.

4. Member
    I have a 2015 Jayco 26bhs and love it. Some times I wish I had a bigger 5th wheel or motorhome, but the reality is the TT is paid for and it really handles all our situations just fine. I don't regret the purchase at all.
    Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he spends $60,000 on a boat and releases all the fish.

5. Member
    I have a 2015 Keystone Outback, 29RE, has 3 slides, minor problems and some things I have changed but overall pretty pleased with the camper

6. Banned
    Mike: Not every RV dealer is created equal, and the really great RV dealers are few and sometimes far between. I don't know which dealers You have been talking to and what brands. I bought my Reflection from TN RV in Knoxville, and they are an impressive operation carrying preferred brands. I am not impressed with the dealers in Nashville. I think Paducah has a fine RV dealer. I have no desire to do business with Camping World anywhere. Memphis has some pretty good RV dealers too. A dealer in Chattsworth, GA is getting rave reviews--15 mi. South of Chattanooga.

Although I bought Grand Design, I also like Jayco and they make good cabinetry.

I do not care for Forest River companies. They purchased a bunch of RV companies out of bankruptcy and consolidated production. While they have immense capital resources, each brand operates separately and differently. If you have a problem, forget Warren Buffett making it right. I just prefer a more personal brand, and Grand Design is 100% customer driven.

7. Member
    I think I will check the Jayco plant out thanks for the info on the tour.

8. Member
    I bought a new Dutchman Denali 37’ from Bankston MH in Alabama. They are terrific to deal with. They have customer focused employees and go out of their way to help you. They have a mobile repair unit that saved my butt last week when I got to Gville and have frozen and leaky water lines (my fault). I called them at 8 am on Monday and the repair truck was there at 3 pm same day.

My unit is pretty well built but none of them are high quality.....just some better than others.

9. Member
    We have a 2016 Jayco 28BHBE. Its our 3rd Jayco. We have a never had a problem with any of them.
    Craig Williams - Zeeland , Mi '​97 Bass Cat Jaguar / Evinrude 225

10. Banned
    I have a 2016 Jayco 23RBM we are thinking about upgrading. It is in like new condition with minimal use. Send me a msg if interested.

11. Member
    We have ours for sale if anyone knows anybody in the market.
    https://loz.craigslist.org/rvs/d/200...553890980.html
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

12. Banned
    We've been happy with our 2015 Forest River Flagstaff 27VRL. A few growing pains, but overall a solid unit. I think on just about any unit there will be some things that need to be replaced right away, or maybe after a couple uses. Faucet's and shower head, all fuses (seriously, have never seen such cheap ass fuses in my life), wrapping all underbelly exposed wiring with wire loom, HVAC thermostat (go digital and don't look back if yours is analog), lighting. We also bought screw jacks for mid-frame support, x-chock's for wheels, JT's Strong Arm system for the stabilizer jacks. I think the screw jacks, chocks and stabilizer arms made the biggest difference for us. Made the trailer feel planted and no bouncy/rolly while in it.

They're high maintenance. As long as go in knowing they require a lot of maintenance you won't be disappointed when something breaks. Something will break, need replaced, upgraded, always.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by psj706 View Post
    I have a 2016 Jayco 23RBM we are thinking about upgrading. It is in like new condition with minimal use. Send me a msg if interested.
    Quality on these has really declined lately....

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    I bought a new Dutchman Denali 37’ from Bankston MH in Alabama. They are terrific to deal with. They have customer focused employees and go out of their way to help you. They have a mobile repair unit that saved my butt last week when I got to Gville and have frozen and leaky water lines (my fault). I called them at 8 am on Monday and the repair truck was there at 3 pm same day.

My unit is pretty well built but none of them are high quality.....just some better than others.
    You are right about Bankston being a first class operation. My cousin worked for them for awhile in management for awhile before he hit the road in his Tiffin motor home. They are about as good as RV dealers come.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    Quality on these has really declined lately....
    What do you consider the highest quality travel trailer made , like price don't matter .

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    What do you consider the highest quality travel trailer made , like price don't matter .
    Airstream but they are in a different league.

17. Banned
    Highest quality travel trailer is Airstream, but they are without slides which is very important to most owners. They are also 4 times the price of other good brand trailers. Owners are almost like a cult in some places.

Arctic Fox trailers made in Oregon are heavy built and have the highest customer ratings. They are pricey and dealers in the East are few and far between.

I should have said besides Airstream . They have a cult following and are amazing .

19. Banned
    I should have said besides Airstream . They have a cult following and are amazing .
    There are 50+ year old Airstream's traveling the roads. It's a testament to their quality. Built to last.

Anyone around east Tenn ( Athens area ) want a great deal on 29 coachman let me know , I can't get to it much now its a 2015 in great shape ,its not listed I just decided I couldn't use it much now and would like for someone on here get it 10 g worth 20 . If I am not supposed to put this on here just let me know .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast