Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I never see the interference from on/off TM until I move to a deeper lake than I fish all spring/summer. Why the depth factors in I do not know, but it clearly does. I have done a few things since last winter to 'help' the situation. If it returns next month, I think I am going to either accept it or go to an external mount for the ducer. Larry did his on a transom mount bracket, I have an old scrap MG bow mount bracket I might employ. Just have to decide if it is critical enough for me to do something. Mine only shows up in the lower half of the screen in water deeper than @ 10-12 ft. Only 2d as I think would be the norm. Rickie makes a great device for this, but it is hard for me to justify very many bucks on a '78 jon boat.

2. Member
    Teedee- look at spending the money on an old boat this way, you now have the money to do it. May not if you have a more expensive boat.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    I never see the interference from on/off TM until I move to a deeper lake than I fish all spring/summer. Why the depth factors in I do not know, but it clearly does. I have done a few things since last winter to 'help' the situation. If it returns next month, I think I am going to either accept it or go to an external mount for the ducer. Larry did his on a transom mount bracket, I have an old scrap MG bow mount bracket I might employ. Just have to decide if it is critical enough for me to do something. Mine only shows up in the lower half of the screen in water deeper than @ 10-12 ft. Only 2d as I think would be the norm. Rickie makes a great device for this, but it is hard for me to justify very many bucks on a '78 jon boat.
    I noticed the same thing... the deeper the water, the worse it gets. A friend of mine explained to me the deeper the water, the bigger the draw to the transducer to get the signal returns and that's why the interference gets more intense. When I was testing on the water Sunday night, I was in 15 feet of water and it was not as bad as when I was hunting lakers in 50 feet a few weeks ago.

Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12