Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar

Map Chip Question

Currently have Lowrance with Lake Insight chip which I think provides good mapping, navigation routes, bouy markers and most importantly the ROCKS

Looking at moving to Humminbird and want to figure out the best chip. I have looked online at examples for Lakemaster and Navionics, but wanted some info from guys who fish Rainy or LOW. Do these other chips provide data on the travel routes and the rocks??

thanks for the input.

Do you visit walleycentral? If not I'd ask there. More up north fisherman chasing them Walters
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I was just up at Rainy. Tons of good data on the chips. Sailing paths, rocks, hazards. I know if I didn't have the chip, my lower unit would still be up there. If you want to see what the chip looks like, you can see if Greg at CampIdlewood is around. I know he has a chip and you can surf around to some of the places you know. Otherwise I can take a screen shot of a complex area and send it to you for a sample.

4. Member
    Jeff Gustafson, FLW pro lives up there and pretty much wins every event on both lakes and he just posted today about the lakemaster chip being the best. Could just be a sponsorship plug but he showed the same area on both and lakemaster had the hazard and navionics didnt.

If you have Facebook it might be worth shooting him a message
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

5. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Thanks for the input

6. Member
    I spend a lot of time up there, I run Humminbird/Lakemaster and have never had an issue. Everything is marked very well. They provide navigation routes, rocks, and marker bouys.

7. Member
    I have both Navionics and Lakemaster.
    IMHO by far the Lakemaster Woods/Rainy Chip is superior.
    Full disclosure: My fishing on Rainy Lake has been confined to the Canadian Side for the past 12 years.
    Mark it Zero!