Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reminder to any California shooters

Remember as of Jan.1 2018 we will no longer be able to get ammo from on-line sellers delivered to California, so you might want to stock up now.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

2. Member
    Why not?

3. Member

USA

Sounds like another LIBERAL CALIFORNIA gun law. How sad.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER View Post
    Sounds like another LIBERAL CALIFORNIA gun law. How sad.
    Yep, that's what it is, ammo can only be purchased through a licensed dealer in Cal. after Jan 1. Just part of a series of stupid new anti gun laws passed that are supposed keep criminals from obtaining guns and ammo, YEA RIGHT, that will work. We are lucky, they wanted to have us obtain a special permit just to buy ammo, fortunately that didn't pass, this time.

Quote Originally Posted by old373guy View Post
    Yep, that's what it is, ammo can only be purchased through a licensed dealer in Cal. after Jan 1. Just part of a series of stupid new anti gun laws passed that are supposed keep criminals from obtaining guns and ammo, YEA RIGHT, that will work. We are lucky, they wanted to have us obtain a special permit just to buy ammo, fortunately that didn't pass, this time.
    That is insane...
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

6. Member
    Now you are forced to buy in person at a store & cannot take advantage of online "sales" to save some $.

I forsee stores will know customers now have to buy from them and will jack up the prices.

Once again a law that hurts the innocent. Someone wants to commit a crime they need one bullet and prices are not going to keep them from getting bullets. It's going to keep the innocent people that enjoy shooting from enjoying their sport.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Once again a law that hurts the innocent. Someone wants to commit a crime they need one bullet and prices are not going to keep them from getting bullets. It's going to keep the innocent people that enjoy shooting from enjoying their sport.
    Those laws are not being written to prevent crime.

9. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Glad I live in Texas

Unfortunately the military has seen fit to move me to California for the next three years. This has forced me to leave most of my weapons behind as they are not CA compliant. I only plan on hunting and not shooting so I purchased several boxes of each caliber rifle I brought along. Hopefully this will last or I will bring more back whenever I travel outside the state. Going to be a long three years. Thank God I am really a bow hunter.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Ray View Post
    Unfortunately the military has seen fit to move me to California for the next three years. This has forced me to leave most of my weapons behind as they are not CA compliant. I only plan on hunting and not shooting so I purchased several boxes of each caliber rifle I brought along. Hopefully this will last or I will bring more back whenever I travel outside the state. Going to be a long three years. Thank God I am really a bow hunter.
    Capt. Be careful if you do plan on bringing ammo into the state after Jan. 1, part of the new law is no ammo can be transported into the state from out of state. That will be one of the things they ask you when you go through the inspection station, just like fruit and vegs.

12. Member
    Capt. Be careful if you do plan on bringing ammo into the state after Jan. 1, part of the new law is no ammo can be transported into the state from out of state. That will be one of the things they ask you when you go through the inspection station, just like fruit and vegs.
    So Uncle Joe couldn't bring some ammo from Kentucky when he drives out for a visit? Man that's messed up. Where is the NRA on all this?

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Land of Fruits & Nuts!!!!

Gotta love that.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    So Uncle Joe couldn't bring some ammo from Kentucky when he drives out for a visit? Man that's messed up. Where is the NRA on all this?

Yeah. What if you are on a hunting trip in California from out of state. I don't shoot factory ammunition in my stuff. It is illegal to bring your hand loads?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Yeah. What if you are on a hunting trip in California from out of state. I don't shoot factory ammunition in my stuff. It is illegal to bring your hand loads?
    YES, it is illegal.... no ammo can be transported across state lines or shipped across state lines.
    Last edited by catchatoad; 10-03-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: misread previous post

A loop hole may be if you are flying. You are allowed to bring up to 4lbs of ammo in your checked bag per TSA regulations.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    I'll tell you where the NRA is. They're constantly fighting this kind of stuff all over the country. Now, let me ask a question. Last I heard there are a little over 5 million of us in the NRA. So, why don't the other 100 million gun owners in the USA join up and be counted, huh? How many gun owners are in California? Do even 10% belong to the NRA? Sorry for the speech, but, every time I hear someone ask where's the NRA everytime a gun control measure is passed, I just want to put my finger in their face and say where are YOU? I just don't understand why EVERY law-abiding gunowner can't understand this.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    I'll tell you where the NRA is. They're constantly fighting this kind of stuff all over the country. Now, let me ask a question. Last I heard there are a little over 5 million of us in the NRA. So, why don't the other 100 million gun owners in the USA join up and be counted, huh? How many gun owners are in California? Do even 10% belong to the NRA? Sorry for the speech, but, every time I hear someone ask where's the NRA everytime a gun control measure is passed, I just want to put my finger in their face and say where are YOU? I just don't understand why EVERY law-abiding gunowner can't understand this.
    Heethen you could not be more correct about that. What most non member gun owners think is, well I just own a couple of hunting rifles or shotguns so I will always be able to have them, no need to join the NRA " Famous last words".

20. Member
    I was on vacation last year and wanted to purchase some ammo in MA and could not because I was not a resident.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast